Should I get this? GPU

pinky867

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
3
MSI AMD Radeon R9 270X Gaming 2GB GDDR5 = USD$189.99 = S$238.
Singapore selling $300+?
Should I? Very tempting.
Only concern is the warranty. :(
 

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
16,015
Reaction score
6,522
MSI AMD Radeon R9 270X Gaming 2GB GDDR5 = USD$189.99 = S$238.
Singapore selling $300+?
Should I? Very tempting.
Only concern is the warranty. :(

Then you shouldn't be getting it.
 

cenedra

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
11,121
Reaction score
0
Since my first graphics card (3dfx's voodoo graphics) until now, I never had a graphics card spoil on me before. Nowadays I don't really care much about warranties already lol. But if u r those people that spoils things easily, then better buy locally.
 

tungsten2

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2000
Messages
4,147
Reaction score
1
Since your concern is warranty, then all the more you should get it locally.
 

Spartan11012

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Is that including the delivery charge? But I'd choose the card with a local warranty...DIY computers are known to be prone to problems and for me it'd be a nice safety net in case things go wrong.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Is that including the delivery charge? But I'd choose the card with a local warranty...DIY computers are known to be prone to problems and for me it'd be a nice safety net in case things go wrong.

Include free shipping from amazon to sg. But, best is to buy locally. RMA will have issues in shipping.
 

zenniz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
0
Here's the history of all the gpu i've got.

GTS 150, DOA so 1 on 1 exchange then up lorry 1 year after purchase
RMA to GTS 250, up lorry 1.5 years after that

HD6850, haven't up lorry yet after 3 years of mild usage but is showing sign now.
 

pinky867

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
3
I only had problem with OEM GPU, lasted 2 years or so.
My Palit gt240 is 3 years old, never have any problem and still using... except that the fan is slightly louder now.

The price is just too tempting.
What to do, what to do.... :(
 

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
16,015
Reaction score
6,522
Electronics is heng suay one, get it locally if you're worried about it spoiling within a couple of years
 

nyquist_ty

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
4,009
Reaction score
0
Personally, I will get it. Because the savings can cover roughly 2 x shipping cost for RMA to MSI(USA). I bought stuff like graphics cards, MB, RAM, SSD from Amazon, and no issues over 3 years.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Personally, I will get it. Because the savings can cover roughly 2 x shipping cost for RMA to MSI(USA). I bought stuff like graphics cards, MB, RAM, SSD from Amazon, and no issues over 3 years.

Dun forget about the size and weight of the GPU, even if u send it naked w/o the box.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
That's true. I ship from USA to SG via VPost, roughly $30 for the GPU box. Singpost EMS should be even cheaper right?

Only slightly... And you paid $30 should be 1 way shipping? After RMA, u need to arrange for forwarder to collect and ship back to you. In the end, you can RMA like 2-3 times max. If bought locally, you can RMA 365/24/7 if you want. :s13::s13:
 

nyquist_ty

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
4,009
Reaction score
0
Only slightly... And you paid $30 should be 1 way shipping? After RMA, u need to arrange for forwarder to collect and ship back to you. In the end, you can RMA like 2-3 times max. If bought locally, you can RMA 365/24/7 if you want. :s13::s13:
Yeah, nothing beats local RMA :) but for TS case, MSI GPU is shipped direct to SG, no forwarder involved. So theoretically, he only needs to pay shipping to MSI USA for RMA.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Yeah, nothing beats local RMA :) but for TS case, MSI GPU is shipped direct to SG, no forwarder involved. So theoretically, he only needs to pay shipping to MSI USA for RMA.

That i dunnoe. If TS wanna try, he better go research more 1st.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top