Should i up my PES ?

SuperHumanZ

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
2
Firstly got PES C, then went to CMPB to up my PES but they down PES me to PES E and i was actually enlisting in SPF but a week letter they sent me a letter and I eventually got in SCDF.. hais , called CMPB , they told me they’re reshuffling manpower thus i got posted to SCDF.

So i have a history of hypertension but now I’m well controlled, doctor never prescribed me any blood pressure medications though. So my doctor gave me a memo saying that I’m okay , I’m well controlled of my blood pressure without any meds,fit enough bla bla. But yet CMPB still down PES me hais. MO advised me to try up PES inside NSTI. I’m enlisting quite soon 9 July 2019.

Any thoughts or advised guys...?Thanks much appreciated
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Firstly got PES C, then went to CMPB to up my PES but they down PES me to PES E and i was actually enlisting in SPF but a week letter they sent me a letter and I eventually got in SCDF.. hais , called CMPB , they told me they’re reshuffling manpower thus i got posted to SCDF.

So i have a history of hypertension but now I’m well controlled, doctor never prescribed me any blood pressure medications though. So my doctor gave me a memo saying that I’m okay , I’m well controlled of my blood pressure without any meds,fit enough bla bla. But yet CMPB still down PES me hais. MO advised me to try up PES inside NSTI. I’m enlisting quite soon 9 July 2019.

Any thoughts or advised guys...?Thanks much appreciated

Whether you should up your PES or not depends on why you are even thinking of that right? We don’t even know what you are thinking m.
 

sohcheekeong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
Firstly got PES C, then went to CMPB to up my PES but they down PES me to PES E and i was actually enlisting in SPF but a week letter they sent me a letter and I eventually got in SCDF.. hais , called CMPB , they told me they’re reshuffling manpower thus i got posted to SCDF.

So i have a history of hypertension but now I’m well controlled, doctor never prescribed me any blood pressure medications though. So my doctor gave me a memo saying that I’m okay , I’m well controlled of my blood pressure without any meds,fit enough bla bla. But yet CMPB still down PES me hais. MO advised me to try up PES inside NSTI. I’m enlisting quite soon 9 July 2019.

Any thoughts or advised guys...?Thanks much appreciated

There is a reason why CMPB think you should be PES E. The MO there thinks you are not "combat-fit" (I don't know what the equivalent is at SCDF).

Although different doctors will have different opinions of things, I suggest you err on the safe side - it's your life afterall. You can still serve the country as a PES E.
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
Nowadays its not easy to get PES C let alone E. Old days if myopic u are C. If flat feet u are E. So if they gave u E your medical condition is obviously worse than u think.

There are ppl who sign waiver form to upgrade but seriously not worth it. Later if got injury they will say u signed waiver form. They will probably still pay for your treatment (covered by CSC card) but once u ORD there goes your CSC. And if its some injury that needs long term treatment then what?
 

matey1982

Banned
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
64,586
Reaction score
14,919
Firstly got PES C, then went to CMPB to up my PES but they down PES me to PES E and i was actually enlisting in SPF but a week letter they sent me a letter and I eventually got in SCDF.. hais , called CMPB , they told me they’re reshuffling manpower thus i got posted to SCDF.

So i have a history of hypertension but now I’m well controlled, doctor never prescribed me any blood pressure medications though. So my doctor gave me a memo saying that I’m okay , I’m well controlled of my blood pressure without any meds,fit enough bla bla. But yet CMPB still down PES me hais. MO advised me to try up PES inside NSTI. I’m enlisting quite soon 9 July 2019.

Any thoughts or advised guys...?Thanks much appreciated

dont take risk
health more impt
why up your PES
unless u wan to chiong sua front line role???
 

SuperHumanZ

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
2
dont take risk
health more impt
why up your PES
unless u wan to chiong sua front line role???

Not really , hoping to get a PES BP/PTP to lose my extra weight off , I’m currently at high risk BMI. So probably that’s the case I’m having abnormal blood pressure readings and elevated cholesterol level :(

I really don’t want to do admin,clerk work for the rest of my 2 years in NS , sucha waste , i wanna do something beneficial for myself haha. I WANNA LOSE WEIGHT. Its hard doing it alone i tried gymmboxx 6 months member , i gained(bigger) rather then losing weight . At least in PES BP there’s gonna be someone to tekan me further and further...

Heard for PES E SCDF, there’s gonna be some educational lesson involved.Learning core values etc. wtf?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Not really , hoping to get a PES BP/PTP to lose my extra weight off , I’m currently at high risk BMI. So probably that’s the case I’m having abnormal blood pressure readings and elevated cholesterol level :(

I really don’t want to do admin,clerk work for the rest of my 2 years in NS , sucha waste , i wanna do something beneficial for myself haha. I WANNA LOSE WEIGHT. Its hard doing it alone i tried gymmboxx 6 months member , i gained(bigger) rather then losing weight . At least in PES BP there’s gonna be someone to tekan me further and further...

Heard for PES E SCDF, there’s gonna be some educational lesson involved.Learning core values etc. wtf?
There are cases where people are high risk BMI and yet get PES BP likely cause they don't have abnormal blood pressure despite that. While you don't and get PES E, which is likely more than just due to being obese. so definitely got some underlying medical condition, the more it doesn't make sense to take any risk? Unless you want to be responsible for anything that happens for the rest of your life?

So you are saying people who do admin/clerk work are rubbish since it is a waste to do that?

If you being exercise and yet you became bigger, then you are not doing it right unless you are building muscle. Are you eating a lot more cause you are exercising?

Why is learning core values wtf?
 

Acre45

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2018
Messages
140
Reaction score
2
Not really , hoping to get a PES BP/PTP to lose my extra weight off , I’m currently at high risk BMI. So probably that’s the case I’m having abnormal blood pressure readings and elevated cholesterol level :(

I really don’t want to do admin,clerk work for the rest of my 2 years in NS , sucha waste , i wanna do something beneficial for myself haha. I WANNA LOSE WEIGHT. Its hard doing it alone i tried gymmboxx 6 months member , i gained(bigger) rather then losing weight . At least in PES BP there’s gonna be someone to tekan me further and further...

Heard for PES E SCDF, there’s gonna be some educational lesson involved.Learning core values etc. wtf?

Wooooow firing shots at admin and clerks.... You watch out, anything they dont want process paperwork or documents for you, you will know why
 

sohcheekeong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
Not really , hoping to get a PES BP/PTP to lose my extra weight off , I’m currently at high risk BMI. So probably that’s the case I’m having abnormal blood pressure readings and elevated cholesterol level :(

I really don’t want to do admin,clerk work for the rest of my 2 years in NS , sucha waste , i wanna do something beneficial for myself haha. I WANNA LOSE WEIGHT. Its hard doing it alone i tried gymmboxx 6 months member , i gained(bigger) rather then losing weight . At least in PES BP there’s gonna be someone to tekan me further and further...

Heard for PES E SCDF, there’s gonna be some educational lesson involved.Learning core values etc. wtf?

That's very positive thinking. Have to agree with you that going through BMT will enforce discipline for working your weight off (at least for the period of BMT).

But still hope to change your mind against "UpPES"ing. Although trainers these days are concerned with safety of the soldiers, they are not medical professionals. It might be better for you to think of some other way (enrolling in a weight loss class at TTSH?) to lose weight than to risk your health / injuries in BMT.
 

hihi98

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Lol dont up your PES lah. You are given PES E for a reason, not there for your up. Just suck thumb and go to SCDF. There are tons of people who are forced to chiong sua when they just want to lead an easy 2 yrs life in army. So cherish it. No point achieving much in NS because next time when you go out to work, who the **** cares about what you achieve in NS? Not like you become an officer will make you into a manager when you step out into the corporate world? So chiong sua for what? Eh and havent you read the recent news? Every role is important in the army ok. Dont look down on clerk or admin because without them, you cant even make your spectacles claim or get your salary on time. So respect everyone ok.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top