SIC Grabtaxi!

viix

Master Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
3,236
Reaction score
2
SIC Grabtaxi bkk

Ok, so last week I was asking about getting to tarad rod fai and I managed to get there by cab and back. The experience though wasn't smooth because a lot of the cab drivers in that area there don't speak much English nor can even read (cause I printed the thai address for them yet they gestured they can't read)

So I tried grabtaxi app and saw a lot of taxis but somehow there were no hits getting a cab. I went back to flagging them down 1 by 1 and only managed to get 1 after trying a few cabs who tried to chop 500baht flat rate.

So today I tried again not believing I can't get a taxi so I logged out of my sg account (I figured they see a +65 number and dare not respond) and tried creating a account with the Thai prepaid sim. I couldn't register So I contacted the call centre and surprise! They actually called a cab for me! Within 10mins I was on a cab and the grabtaxi drivers are surprisingly better! They're a younger generation who can speak better, drive newer taxis and are more savvy in finding the least traffic routes.

So in case anyone gets tired of always asking for metered cab, you can give grabtaxi call centre a try! The number to call via thai mobile is 02-021-2500! No more chop carrot ileterate, attitude giving drivers driving old dirty cabs!
All for a 20baht booking fee!
 
Last edited:

Preacher1010

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2001
Messages
12,273
Reaction score
1,488
Cool...tks for tip...will try when i in Bkk next month

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

Pegasus Sinbkk

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
625
Reaction score
0
My first & only experience with GrabTaxi was terrible. Booked 1 to go to Suvarnabhumi. Showed ETA 15 min, then 20 min, back to 15 min and then no change thereafter. After 30 min, I canceled and then hopped into a cab whose passenger had just alighted.
 

viix

Master Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
3,236
Reaction score
2
The drivers mentioned that they have no way of calling a +65 number.. Did you leave a thai contact number in the app? I say the app is as good as useless..

Give the call centre a try instead.. Upon immediate booking confirmation, the driver called me on my thai number to ask where I'm waiting..
 

Preacher1010

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2001
Messages
12,273
Reaction score
1,488
So for a good service GrabTaxi...call the support centre.
Which defeats the purpose of the app in the first place.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,545
Reaction score
152
No need to call call-centre lah. It really defeats the purpose of the App. Use App is for convenience.

You just need to register your Thai number. I think you must have done it incorrectly that's why cannot register.
 

viix

Master Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
3,236
Reaction score
2
No need to call call-centre lah. It really defeats the purpose of the App. Use App is for convenience.

You just need to register your Thai number. I think you must have done it incorrectly that's why cannot register.
Nope the app can't register with prepaid numbers starting with 06, only those with 09 and 08..

I contacted the call centre because of this problem and it was then they admitted the app issue and instead offered to call a taxi for me and mentioned that if I needed a cab again, to call the call centre.

I agree it defeats the purpose of the app, but I'm just sharing another avenue of getting a cab more effectively in bkk, and not sharing the app anyway. Not neccessary if you are communting short distances within bkk city centre but if you are going somewhere outskirts like I did to taradrodfai and chocolate ville, it sure helps a lot..
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top