Singapore Airlines *Official* (SGX:C6L)

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me I'm reading the announcement wrong...
Otherwise... :s22:

Source here

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
2nd quarter result for the year ending 2011....what is wrong?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh. Nothing wrong.

SIA FY is from Apr 2010 to Mar 2011.

So 2nd quarter is for the period from Jul to Sep 2010.

HY result is always interesting. Let see if they report an interim dividend. Quite likely since they are recovering nicely.

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Financial Results for FY10/11 Q2 is out.

Financial Results: Document
Press Release: Document
Dividends: $0.20

Summary: $596 million operating profit vs $501 million operating loss YoY!

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
Good time to be buying SIA shares now?

The share price is regularly falling and at prices of $14++, I have been waiting for a good time to pick this up as a dividend stock with growth potential.

Any comments on the entry price I should be looking at and its long term potential?

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
The share price is regularly falling and at prices of $14++, I have been waiting for a good time to pick this up as a dividend stock with growth potential.

Any comments on the entry price I should be looking at and its long term potential?

SIA is a very good counter. It is one of the very few airlines in this world that makes money. Some airlines are just bleeding money like mad. There was a recent target price of $18+, but later on slightly reduced to around $17+ not because of its business. But because of crude oil price increase which will eat into its profit. However we must also bear in mind that eventually any form of price increase will be absorbed by the consumer and passengers. The other thing to take note is crude oil prices will rise but will fall back.

It has a 5 billion cashflow as well:s31:

Now SIA $14+, dividends are very good. Sometimes 1 day can jump 30-50cts. Even if you reduce the expectation to $15+, you should still be able to make a $1000 from this counter whether its through dividends or through price gain.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oil price is soaring, buy at your own peril lor..

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Blue and Sinkie. How much dividend per share does it usually pay out annually?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will wait asia market crashed ...maybe soonZzzzz, and do window shopping :D
meantime i wait....just like last time w8 sia fall $9++ mai tu liao...hoot ah

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
Very useful info Paul, thanks. So I conclude that SIA is not so attractive if you are concerned about consistent dividends since that seems to be one of the points in his analysis?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not attractive to u does not mean poison to another, depending on objective of tat counter
eg some people get venture bcos of dividend although is a risky counter

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Blue and Sinkie. How much dividend per share does it usually pay out annually?

Over the years, handsome dividend range between $0.60-$0.80, got 1 year they gave out 0.73 SATS shares as dividend and it comes out to about $1700, as SATS was trading at 2plus. Can't recall the price.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
I will wait asia market crashed ...maybe soonZzzzz, and do window shopping :D
meantime i wait....just like last time w8 sia fall $9++ mai tu liao...hoot ah

market fall is wait for stocks like UOB, Kep Corp, SIA, OCBC, DBS.:s22:

fastest to rise

WindBoi

Reaction score
my point of the SIA post is to see whether there is a strong correlation with SIA performance with high oil prices.

my conclusion is that low activity and recession matters more to them then oil prices.

if you are looking for dividends the opportunity cost might be otherwise. but it does own 2 subsidiary that yields 4.8% and 5% in SIA Engineering and SATS

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.