SINGTEL IS MAKING ME KEEP TWO COMBO 12 PLANS

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
On 27 Sep I bought an iphone XS Max, sliver colour with combo 12. The next day I wanted to change the colour of the phone to space grey. I called 1688 for the request but was told that it could not be done once the order had been placed. However I was told that the order could be cancelled so that I could make a new order with my preferred colour, the space grey. The conditions were, It would take 3 working days for it to take effect and an admin fee of $30 chargeable. I accepted and second purchase was made.

On the day of delivery, TWO phones arrived. I accepted the space grey and rejected the silver one. Informing Ninja Van to return it to Singtel. A call was made to 1688 to enquire about the mixed up. Singtel online advisor told me the order a was in the process of being cancelled as it showed "pending" in their system. And I was assured that it would take effect after a few days.

The next day, Ninja Van contacted me that they had a "failed delivery" and would like to schedule a second delivery. I explained to them that it was a mistake from Singtel and requested the item to be returned to Singtel. They instead told me that they could not do it and advised me to accept the item and return it to Singtel Shop. Of which I agreed and rescheduled the re-delivery.

A few calls were then made to 1688 to explain the situation and to seek help from the online advisor. No help was given as a few of the advisors told me different versions of 'solutions'.

The next day I visited Singtel Shop at Bugis with the Sealed, unopened package containing the Silver Colour iPhone XS Max, to return to Singtel. However they did not accept it, telling me that the item was purchased from online shop. I had to return to online shop. How to return to online shop, I wondered.

A call was again made to 1688 with the help of a staff at the Bugis Singtel Shop. And this time the online advisor assured me that a case would be opened and they would investigate the matter and would contact me in the next 2 to 3 days.

A week passed, nothing heard from Singtel. I called 1688 again to enquire on the matter and to my surprise, I was informed that nothing had been done. No investigation or any sort. And time, again, I was assured that a file would be opened and they would really do an investigation.

More than TWO weeks passed since the day I made the online purchase. Nothing has been resolved. I still have 2 phones (one sealed and unopened in box), I still have 2 combo 12 plans.

I cannot find a proper channel to seek help to resolve this matter as all the Singtel staffs, either online or Singtel Shop, were unhelpful and offer no solutions to resolve this matter.

Meanwhile I am paying for 2 combo 12 subscription which is a hefty sum of money to pay.

I have reasons to believe that Singtel deliberately ignore my request to cancel the first combo 12 plan and make me pay for both!
 

Elysium87

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2017
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
84
write on singtel facebook then ask your frens to share, so that singtel will take note and get back to you.
 

Lex1989

Banned
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
19,846
Reaction score
2,480
How to buy 2 phone with a single plan?

Its a steal bro. Just keep it or re-sell it away.

Cheers :)
 

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I am having two COMBO 12 plan!!! 2 phones. One that i dare not open. It's still sealed in the original packaging.
 

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
You what is the worse thing beside having to pay for 2 combo plans?? The first purchase was with my favourite number ported over from M1. And the purchase was supposed to have been cancelled as promised. Now it is not and it's stuck with the phone I dare not open. I practically lost my favourite
no. I have to contact all my friends, work, banks, and the world world to update my new number.
 

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Singtel is no difference from Mobile Air. I think i will have to kneel down at one of the Singtel shop to get the purchase and my contract cancelled.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
On 27 Sep I bought an iphone XS Max, sliver colour with combo 12. The next day I wanted to change the colour of the phone to space grey. I called 1688 for the request but was told that it could not be done once the order had been placed. However I was told that the order could be cancelled so that I could make a new order with my preferred colour, the space grey. The conditions were, It would take 3 working days for it to take effect and an admin fee of $30 chargeable. I accepted and second purchase was made.

On the day of delivery, TWO phones arrived. I accepted the space grey and rejected the silver one. Informing Ninja Van to return it to Singtel. A call was made to 1688 to enquire about the mixed up. Singtel online advisor told me the order a was in the process of being cancelled as it showed "pending" in their system. And I was assured that it would take effect after a few days.

The next day, Ninja Van contacted me that they had a "failed delivery" and would like to schedule a second delivery. I explained to them that it was a mistake from Singtel and requested the item to be returned to Singtel. They instead told me that they could not do it and advised me to accept the item and return it to Singtel Shop. Of which I agreed and rescheduled the re-delivery.

A few calls were then made to 1688 to explain the situation and to seek help from the online advisor. No help was given as a few of the advisors told me different versions of 'solutions'.

The next day I visited Singtel Shop at Bugis with the Sealed, unopened package containing the Silver Colour iPhone XS Max, to return to Singtel. However they did not accept it, telling me that the item was purchased from online shop. I had to return to online shop. How to return to online shop, I wondered.

A call was again made to 1688 with the help of a staff at the Bugis Singtel Shop. And this time the online advisor assured me that a case would be opened and they would investigate the matter and would contact me in the next 2 to 3 days.

A week passed, nothing heard from Singtel. I called 1688 again to enquire on the matter and to my surprise, I was informed that nothing had been done. No investigation or any sort. And time, again, I was assured that a file would be opened and they would really do an investigation.

More than TWO weeks passed since the day I made the online purchase. Nothing has been resolved. I still have 2 phones (one sealed and unopened in box), I still have 2 combo 12 plans.

I cannot find a proper channel to seek help to resolve this matter as all the Singtel staffs, either online or Singtel Shop, were unhelpful and offer no solutions to resolve this matter.

Meanwhile I am paying for 2 combo 12 subscription which is a hefty sum of money to pay.

I have reasons to believe that Singtel deliberately ignore my request to cancel the first combo 12 plan and make me pay for both!

Some online store is a separate entity from the Telco itself although the Telco can have their say on certain matter.

Instead of cancellation you should request to change the color of the same purchase order since it would include the porting & retaining of mobile number.

In this way it would avoid any other unnecessary issues that may surface later.


Cancellation of purchase which would include credit payment may take several days as i have found out.

In another Telco online store purchase, it took more than 1 week when i thought i had abort the credit payment online and indicated as success but in fact it is not until their acct dept staff contact me to verify my purchase which i subsequently to confirm as cancelled.
 

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Some online store is a separate entity from the Telco itself although the Telco can have their say on certain matter.

Instead of cancellation you should request to change the color of the same purchase order since it would include the porting & retaining of mobile number.

In this way it would avoid any other unnecessary issues that may surface later.


Cancellation of purchase which would include credit payment may take several days as i have found out.

In another Telco online store purchase, it took more than 1 week when i thought i had abort the credit payment online and indicated as success but in fact it is not until their acct dept staff contact me to verify my purchase which i subsequently to confirm as cancelled.

Changing the colour of the phone before it was sent out. Yes I did. That was the first thing I requested but was rejected outright! If they agreed to the change of colour (and the stock was available) there won't be all these mess up.

They did not give a convincing reason as why I could not change the colour. In these modern days online purchase, items can be cancelled , rejected, returned, as long as the item is not used. Lazada has a pretty good return policy. Unfortunately Singtel don't.
 
Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
Changing the colour of the phone before it was sent out. Yes I did. That was the first thing I requested but was rejected outright! If they agreed to the change of colour (and the stock was available) there won't be all these mess up.

They did not give a convincing reason as why I could not change the colour. In these modern days online purchase, items can be cancelled , rejected, returned, as long as the item is not used. Lazada has a pretty good return policy. Unfortunately Singtel don't.

Already more than 2 weeks and have no news regarding your case.

Maybe you could write to their top management in-charge as it seem that lower management could be bother &or slowness in dealing with consumer.

Actually changing of color should not be of any issue as the sealed handset package would not be tampered with other than some documentation that can be modified where necessary.

Wow.. now is using Ninja Van instead on Singpost which i ever encountered once on their behaviour as after that never do any online purchase.
 

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Already more than 2 weeks and have no news regarding your case.

Maybe you could write to their top management in-charge as it seem that lower management could be bother &or slowness in dealing with consumer.

Actually changing of color should not be of any issue as the sealed handset package would not be tampered with other than some documentation that can be modified where necessary.

Wow.. now is using Ninja Van instead on Singpost which i ever encountered once on their behaviour as after that never do any online purchase.

I would write to their top management if I have the contact. Actually I sorta run out of options, having made numerous calls to Singtel online talking to people who can't make decision or simply don't bother with my frustration. All I got from them is they would investigate. I even went to singtel shop at Bugis twice. Drove all the way there. waste time, waste petrol, still didn't get any help.

Anyone here can share any useful contact will be much appreciated.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
I would write to their top management if I have the contact. Actually I sorta run out of options, having made numerous calls to Singtel online talking to people who can't make decision or simply don't bother with my frustration. All I got from them is they would investigate. I even went to singtel shop at Bugis twice. Drove all the way there. waste time, waste petrol, still didn't get any help.

Anyone here can share any useful contact will be much appreciated.

Not familiar with Singtel but there is a Rep here in hwz.

Until you have reach more than 10 post counts then you can PM > Singtel here to see if the rep could assist you further.


Sometimes the last resort would be writing to > Top Management
 

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Thanks man. I would try whatever means available. Time is running out, by the end of the month if this case is not resolved, Singtel would slap me with 2 combo 12 bills.
 

Lith1um

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
From what I see here is your mistake to choose the wrong colour.
Singtel did state on the website that once colour is chosen, there is no exchange of other colour.

I agree Singtel customer service is very lousy.
I had a bad experience with them with regards to my iPad Pro order last few months.

I agreed with you it was my mistake to choose the wrong color. At the point of purchase, the color I wanted was not available. So I took my 2nd choice color. The next day I checked and it was available. I called singtel to change to my preferred color and the did tell me I wasn't able to do that. Instead they offered to cancel the order altogether and purchase a new iphone. Admin fee $30. Sounds so simple right? No. My biggest mistake it to believe them. The first purchase has never been cancelled till now. I mentioned that I went to singtel shop at bugis , and the helpful staff there help me to do a manual cancellation, photpcoppying my ID, signing some forms. But till now, nothing works. WTF!?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top