Singtel Note 4 weak signal

Austinlay_77

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
684
Reaction score
0
ANyone experiencing the same as i'm always noticing the signal bar fluctuating 1-2 bars and very seldom getting 3 and above. This is be it driving outside or at home
 

NineNineNine

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
0
Were the number of bars higher with your last phone on the same routes taken? Might be just a telco issue otherwise.

Higher number of bars does not automatically equate to faster data speed anyway.
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
Please go to Settings, About Device, Status. Check the Signal Strength there. The number of bars is irrelevant unless you know how it corresponds to the signal strength in dBm. My Note 3 shows 2 bars when my S3 would show 3 or 4, but the signal strength remained the same for both phones.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
Did you buy the Note 4 from SingTel? The easily way is to go back SingTel and ask them to check. It could be as easy as a change of SIM card to resolve the issue. The worst is ask them for a 1-1 exchange of the phone if changing of SIM does not help.
 

uniquely_ad

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2011
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
11
weird, now that you've mentioned it..i have just realize that my note 4 is 3 bar at my house..usually other phones, i'd easily get 4bar
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,218
Reaction score
5,200
Yes, I notice mine is 1 bar usually. It's -106 dBm now which I understand is low. When I got the phone I used my same 2 yo+ sim card from previous phone.however no call drops or lousy call quality so far leh.
 

RequiemDK

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
Yes, I notice mine is 1 bar usually. It's -106 dBm now which I understand is low. When I got the phone I used my same 2 yo+ sim card from previous phone.however no call drops or lousy call quality so far leh.

Did you compare the signal strength with another phone?

I did that with a LG G3 and a Note 3 and both register between -100 and -120dBm in my room. Never had a problem with calls though.
 

Austinlay_77

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
684
Reaction score
0
its significantly lower than other phones, most times is sitting at 1 bar.. guess will have to bring to Singtel then
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top