Singtel tv

Kopibali

Reaction score
Hi all,

I still have 6 months contract with my singtel TV, but i have to recontract my broadband plan in June 2020, any forumers experience using another ISP broadband contract and still use singtel TV?

Eg: signing on viewquest, starhub, m1 broadband but maintaining singtel TV for TV shows?

giraffey

Reaction score
Yes. You can have a seperate singtel or starhub connection for tv over fibre, plus another connection for your broadband

Kopibali

Reaction score
Yes. You can have a seperate singtel or starhub connection for tv over fibre, plus another connection for your broadband

so basically if I signup with another LSP, i just need to wire the singtel TV box with a lan cable from my router?

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You plan to sign up another Fiber connection (starhub/M1 example) and hook up the Singtel TV on the new fiber?

Or

Have 2 fiber running concurrently and kill singtel once your singtel tv end?

mlmooy

Reaction score
I have the same problem too. Singtel broadband no contract, Singtel tv still under contract.

I want to switch to other IsP while continue my Singtel TV. I only want 1 internet connection. Not keen to have both Singtel internet and say m1 internet

eteo

Reaction score
Can be done. I had M1 with mio TV 2 yrs ago. Your new ISP will come and activate another port and provide you with another router for your fibre. Your singtel ONR will remain and only provide you with TV.

Kopibali

Reaction score
You plan to sign up another Fiber connection (starhub/M1 example) and hook up the Singtel TV on the new fiber?

Or

Have 2 fiber running concurrently and kill singtel once your singtel tv end?

basically i want to terminate my 1gbps singtel fibre broadband and switch to 500mbps.

most of the time after CB we wont be at home, hence simple browsing and netflix, 500mbps connection would be sufficient.

summary: 1 ISP but still connect to my singtel TV, I want to switch to other IsP while continue my Singtel TV

Kopibali

Reaction score
Your new ISP will come and activate another port and provide you with another router for your fibre.

Will i need to pay extra for the extra port?

Your singtel ONR will remain and only provide you with TV.

meaning in my house there will be 2 ONRs, 1 singtel ONR for singtel TV & 1 ONR for the new ISP?

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
basically i want to terminate my 1gbps singtel fibre broadband and switch to 500mbps.

most of the time after CB we wont be at home, hence simple browsing and netflix, 500mbps connection would be sufficient.

summary: 1 ISP but still connect to my singtel TV, I want to switch to other IsP while continue my Singtel TV

If I remember correctly SingTel tv only work with SingTel fiber. So you can’t change to another iso and keep SingTel tv.

You can call SingTel to verify is SingTel Tv work with other isp

giraffey

Reaction score
Will i need to pay extra for the extra port?

meaning in my house there will be 2 ONRs, 1 singtel ONR for singtel TV & 1 ONR for the new ISP?

From what I know, Singtel doesnt charge extra if you dont subscribe to their broadband. But you may lose any bundling promotions and discounts.

Yes, you would have 2 connectivity (2 modems) for each ISP. One for Singtel (TV) and 1 for your broadband.

hitsugaya2010

Reaction score
Hi There,

Did you manage to use one broadband ISP and still keep your singtel TV? If yes, how did you do it?

Thanks.

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi There,
Did you manage to use one broadband ISP and still keep your singtel TV? If yes, how did you do it?
Thanks.

Yes you can do it. SingTel does not limit Singtel TV users to use SingTel Fibre.

FTP-- Other ISP ONT -- main router

FTP -- SingTel ONR -- SingTel TV box (in this case SingTel ONR is configured for SingTel TV only, no internet).

I believe you can not watch Netflix on the SingTel TV box in this case, but in general this should not be a real issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.