Sinking Omnidesk ( 72" length )

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow!

I was almost contemplating investing into Omnidesk as a replacement for my cheap Ikea study table for my PC desktop a couple of months back.

But then I thought for a long time before deciding on just getting a 2nd hand Sitoca table (yes those built like a tank but look very old school and not very aesthetically pleasing) as I wanted a table to not warp. I put very heavy stuff on it like my gaming desktop PC and a 32 inch monitor with a table clamp mount. I wasn't 100% sure if Omnidesk is capable of handling that kind of weight.

I know now that their table is not meant for long term use if you have such heavy stuff on it.

Zafchen

Reaction score
Wow!

I was almost contemplating investing into Omnidesk as a replacement for my cheap Ikea study table for my PC desktop a couple of months back.

But then I thought for a long time before deciding on just getting a 2nd hand Sitoca table (yes those built like a tank but look very old school and not very aesthetically pleasing) as I wanted a table to not warp. I put very heavy stuff on it like my gaming desktop PC and a 32 inch monitor with a table clamp mount. I wasn't 100% sure if Omnidesk is capable of handling that kind of weight.

I know now that their table is not meant for long term use if you have such heavy stuff on it.
please re-consider and look for ikea dining table instead... now they have new reply and it boom me away...Basically they are saying we are not suppose to put anything to their frame..
2021-01-14-4.png

Last edited:

NoMotherTeachSiboh

Reaction score
please re-consider and look for ikea dining table instead... now they have new reply and it boom me away...Basically they are saying we are not suppose to put anything to their frame..
2021-01-14-4.png

:s13::s13::s13::s13:

knn then they sell desk for fug if cannot put items on it

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow, I see a saga brewing. TS mind sharing how much you paid for your desk?

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2021-01-14-4.png

Reply them why there wasn't any warning at the frame area? They could print a big big red cross ❌ in that area or lines of words? Tell them you were not hanging 2 10 kg dumbbells under their frame...it was just a bloody 300g surge protector. Maybe they will get back to you next stating electric current was the cause of it and your surge protector attracts current lol...

Zafchen

Reaction score
Reply them why there wasn't any warning at the frame area? They could print a big big red cross ❌ in that area or lines of words? Tell them you were not hanging 2 10 kg dumbbells under their frame...it was just a bloody 300g surge protector. Maybe they will get back to you next stating electric current was the cause of it and your surge protector attracts current lol...
the cause i think maybe due to i use Cable Tie to hold my surge protector... you know cable tie can break down a train.. don play play.. they also learn from them

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2021-01-14-4.png

:eek::eek::eek::s22::s22::s22:

Is this for real????:(

midlusionz

Reaction score
Just ask their manager to give you a call and you give them a piece of your mind :s8:

Ridiculous, so expensive and cant mount anything or they meant can't drill anything on to their table?:s11:

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LMAO. So horrible service from omni desk ah. Heng I bought an ikea desk instead of this POS. Much cheaper, if spoil just buy another one

protestmofo

Reaction score
2021-01-14-4.png
Wtf, and it's like $600 to $1k for a table right?

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So yes...don't keep calling support for the local brand, support the old couple hawker stall etc blindly....support your wallet most important...

Zafchen

Reaction score
they just give me a call, saying they will be sending their team over and rectify the frame... but their condition is ask me to remove my power bar that is attach to their frame... See will it resolve.. :s13:

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they just give me a call, saying they will be sending their team over and rectify the frame... but their condition is ask me to remove my power bar that is attach to their frame... See will it resolve.. :s13:

Did they also require you to remove this thread? 😄

azarel

Reaction score
wah wtf dumb reply is that from omnidesk? i almost wanted to get their desks.... but this is definitely putting me off.... how can they give such reply... its like selling a laptop and asking you not to run MS office cos it is too taxing on the cpu... WTFFFFFF

Zafchen

Reaction score
Exactly. And they tell us not to put anything on it? What a joke.

ahahha theres a catch, they say i can stick my power bar to the underside of their top but i cant use the strenght from the steel bar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.