Sli or upgrade graphic card..

xXiangG93

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
313
Reaction score
0
Hey,

I currently have a msi gtx 660tf 2gb ddr5 oc edition should I Sli or upgrade to a single high end graphic card..

Need suggestion from you guys!
 

bhtan83

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
0
It's a main stream card, still relevant with the current generation games.
 

iKoori

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
If heat/power/noise/micro stuttering not a prob= SLI

If cool/low power/low noise/more stable frames = Single GPU

If price problem but want more perf. = SLI
If got budget only for better GPU, don't need alot alot improvement = Single GPU

but if you are gaming on 1080p, no point getting a better card eh unless you want Ultra settings on Crysis 3 @ stable 60fps
 

Biff73

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
sli if u wanna game at decent framerates on any game,60++fps
 

Arrow32

Master Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Messages
4,292
Reaction score
0
I will go single card anytime...
Unless going for 2 top end cards like 680 or 690...
 

xXiangG93

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
313
Reaction score
0
If heat/power/noise/micro stuttering not a prob= SLI

If cool/low power/low noise/more stable frames = Single GPU

If price problem but want more perf. = SLI
If got budget only for better GPU, don't need alot alot improvement = Single GPU

but if you are gaming on 1080p, no point getting a better card eh unless you want Ultra settings on Crysis 3 @ stable 60fps

Noted thanks for the advise.
 

lcheowl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
6,629
Reaction score
5
I'm using Samsung monitor lcd, 21.5

I don't think you need to upgrade the GPU. If I'm you (assuming you are using to play game), upsize the monitor and maybe get a sound card and a pair of good speaker.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top