it_geek
Master Member
- Joined
- Feb 12, 2017
- Messages
- 3,415
- Reaction score
- 774
Hi all,
This is purely an advice thread on attempting to revive this rojak and crappy build that I have. For advice on upgrades, please hold onto them until I open an upgrade thread relating to the same rig (which will happen in the very near future).
Main problems:
I usually hibernate this unit since it only takes 90 seconds to return to the Desktop.
Here are the specs to this rojak rig:
The computer previously had a silverstone 600W that exploded and smoked, not sure if this caused the motherboard shock.
Hoping for some answers to explain why the rig is screwing itself this way. Looking forward to all of your advice, thanks!
EDIT: Previous history
Silverstone Chibabom Incident (2014)
-Caused the 500GB Seagate Drive to suffer from 3 reallocated sectors
ICACLS Nightmare (2016)
-This one is quite interesting because I essentially restored only the file permissions from a backup (NOT a whole image, nor did I do a reinstallation). Can provide more details on this later.
This is purely an advice thread on attempting to revive this rojak and crappy build that I have. For advice on upgrades, please hold onto them until I open an upgrade thread relating to the same rig (which will happen in the very near future).
Main problems:
- Windows 10 Professional takes damn long to boot up to user desktop (15 minutes!) (Removing the IDE hard drives reduces boot time to 10 minutes) - so this is only one of the causes.
- Windows also doesn't function stably, usually pops up one of the following messages:
- BAD_POOL_HEADER
- CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
- ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
- NO_USER_MODE_CONTEXT
- REFERENCE_ONLY_POINTER
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
- The randomness of the messages makes it exceptionally difficult to determine the exact problem, or worse still how many problems there actually are.
- Further, after the computer reboots from the BSODs, sometimes it can boot, and sometimes it will refuse to boot entirely (it will boot up with the hard disk light on fully, and power down abruptly after 30 seconds or so, before immediately re-powering up after 1 second). And it will keep repeating. Usually, if power is cut off for about 2 days, it will return to normal until it BSODs again.
I usually hibernate this unit since it only takes 90 seconds to return to the Desktop.
Here are the specs to this rojak rig:
- GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R (rev 1.1)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 with stock fan cooler (currently set to clock at the maximum speed of 3.00Ghz)
- Corsair Vengenance 2GB x 2 PC2-6400 running at 800Mhz in Bus A, Kingston ValueRAM 2GB x 2 PC2-5300 running at 633Mhz in Bus B
- 2 x 80GB IDE Seagate Barracuda ATA 7200.7 HDD
- 1 x 160GB SATA II Seagate Barracuda ATA 7200.10 HDD
- 1 x 500GB SATA II Seagate Barracuda ATA 7200.10 HDD
- 1 x 1TB SATA III Seagate Barracuda ATA 7200.11 HDD --> Current Boot Drive
- 1 x 2TB SATA III Seagate Barracuda ATA Desktop HDD
- 1 x 80GB SATA II Hitachi Travelstar HDD (2.5")
- NVIDIA Geforce 630 GT
- Cooler Master V650 80 Plus Full Modular Power Supply (650W)
- 1 x SATA DVD Writer LG
The computer previously had a silverstone 600W that exploded and smoked, not sure if this caused the motherboard shock.
Hoping for some answers to explain why the rig is screwing itself this way. Looking forward to all of your advice, thanks!
EDIT: Previous history
Silverstone Chibabom Incident (2014)
-Caused the 500GB Seagate Drive to suffer from 3 reallocated sectors
ICACLS Nightmare (2016)
-This one is quite interesting because I essentially restored only the file permissions from a backup (NOT a whole image, nor did I do a reinstallation). Can provide more details on this later.
Last edited: