slow charging ? (using original charger and wire)

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
Hello
im facing a very weird issue.
Sometimes when I charge my note 4, it takes mabout 4 hours to charge from 60% to 100%

When I first got the phone, it didn't yske very long. I heard from my friends who used the older galaxy models that this issue has been around since years ago.

Is there any fix for this ?
what I do now is reconnect the charger and hope it does not happen.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Slow charging can be cable's fault or ac adapter. I suggest u switch out the cable first because its easier to switch. You can switch out the charger because of adaptive fast charging feature..
 

uniquely_ad

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2011
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
11
ive been using it for 2 weeks and it fully charges from 0-100% in about 90-100mins

when you charge it when its turned out, did any notification says "Fast Charging:
 

jianrong

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,532
Reaction score
78
when you charge it. You will hear a sound and see a lighthing icon on top. Then the icon disappear.

This is fast charging.

:D
 

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
Yup, it shows fast charging.

I downloaded a charging report app and the current that is coming from my charger shows 100-200ma. -.-

I have to try my luck and pray that whenever i connect the phone to the charger, i wouldnt face this problem
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Yup, it shows fast charging.

I downloaded a charging report app and the current that is coming from my charger shows 100-200ma. -.-

I have to try my luck and pray that whenever i connect the phone to the charger, i wouldnt face this problem

Probably the cable or the charger is faulty. It could be the chipset on the motherboard too.

Perhaps you want to check out the problem before your 6mths accessories warranty is up.
 

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
hopefully its the charger/wire, hard to troubleshoot as the problem is inconsistent.

will head down to marina square service centre for help later :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top