Smart Switch IOS to Android

Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
496
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,


iPhone 6 plus user here.


Contemplating a switch to Note 7 now. Understand from the sales person that you could use smart switch to transfer your data from ios to android.


Just want to check whether the technology is reliable, as in your chats (sms and whatsapp), calendars, internet favourites, notes can be transferred over without issues or errors.


Hope those whom has used smart switch to transfer data from iOS to android can share their experience.
 

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
6,504
Reaction score
368
here's a trick. buy whatsapp migrator. do the migration, should be quite fast. then do a refund. wala! free migration!

only thing is once migrated, the photos that you had won't be stored in the old chronological order (I think).
 
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
496
Reaction score
0
here's a trick. buy whatsapp migrator. do the migration, should be quite fast. then do a refund. wala! free migration!

only thing is once migrated, the photos that you had won't be stored in the old chronological order (I think).




Thanks. Guess im waiting for Note 7 to stabilised, then buy iPhone 7, sell and buy Note 7.
 

jace88

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
0
I personally preferred to use iCloud to sync and export data, and then import to google. This way can stay in sync going forward. The smart switch seemed limiting to saving onto the device.

Problem is no way to easily migrate whatsapp. There used to be ways but I think they don't work now so I settled for starting fresh when I moved from iPhone to S7 edge.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top