SMC Fan Speed not synchronised

kwok0037

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
0
Hi mac users,

I'm using a macbook pro 15" and have overheating issues. I've installed SMCFanControl and here I got strange settings here. 15" mbp have 2 internal fans inside. Once I switched to Higher RPM (4000) for my active settings, only the left fan speed changes instead of both (4000). Would like to check if anyone faces the same problem as I do?

Thanks in advance.


Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 6.00.06 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 5.59.54 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
Try resetting your SMC and see if it works.
But personally, I wouldn't touch fan speed apps with a 10-foot pole.
 

kwok0037

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
0
Try resetting your SMC and see if it works.
But personally, I wouldn't touch fan speed apps with a 10-foot pole.

thanks for your reply. in fact, i replaced this hard drive with a ssd pre-installed in my previous 13". i wondered is the smc fan control settings set as before as 13" does only have 1 in-built fan.

I've tried reinstalling but with no luck :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top