SMU Admission 2013

anxiously

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Applied for: SMU SOSS
Received Acceptance: 22 April 2013
Interview Date: 5th April 2013

Grade profile: BBC/C, UAS 75
 
Last edited:

ddingz

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Applied for: SMU SOSS
Received Acceptance: 22 April 2013
Interview Date: 5th April 2013

Grade profile: BBC/C, UAS 75

Congratz! :) I'm waiting for their outcome , waiting really kills me coz i'm so eager to get into SMU SOSS :(
 

anxiously

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Congratz! :) I'm waiting for their outcome , waiting really kills me coz i'm so eager to get into SMU SOSS :(


Thanks!

But no worries,i only got my offer 2 weeks after my interview. So not hope is lost! :)
My grades arent good. Im just grateful that SMU is willing to accept me.
 

souppress

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Course applied: SMU SoSS

Date of interview: 22 April 2013

Offered date : Pending :'(

Poly course and grade profile, as well as L1R4 results: Dip in Early Childhood Education, 3.75 (Dip with Merit), L1R4: 11
 

ChocolateCat

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
722
Reaction score
1
Hihi ! This is my FIRST university offer. Finally can tell people I'm going to Uni. :s13:

1) Accountancy
2) 4 April 2013 !
3) The letter is dated 22 April, but I received on 25th !
4) Poly course is SP - Accountancy !

My 6th sem is 3.82, and my L1R4 is 14. (12 if you count the CCA bonus thing.)
 

NAM0493

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hihi ! This is my FIRST university offer. Finally can tell people I'm going to Uni. :s13:

1) Accountancy
2) 4 April 2013 !
3) The letter is dated 22 April, but I received on 25th !
4) Poly course is SP - Accountancy !

My 6th sem is 3.82, and my L1R4 is 14. (12 if you count the CCA bonus thing.)

Congrats!!
Btw may I ask, how did your interview go? I think I messed my interview up which probably is the reason why I have yet to receive any offer from SMU :(
 

ChocolateCat

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
722
Reaction score
1
Congrats!!
Btw may I ask, how did your interview go? I think I messed my interview up which probably is the reason why I have yet to receive any offer from SMU :(

I thought I screwed it up quite badly actually.

The first portion was okay.. They said my academic results meet their standards, but was concerned I may have difficulty in Accountancy cause I didn't take Add. Maths in Sec Sch. So I told them I've been studying that up myself and they seem impressed.

The first part they ask was about myself, interests, skills, work experience, why Accountancy (I was from Dip in Acc so easy to explain & justify), my volunteering activities (children home, society for disabled, national parks etc). Just give the "Miss Universe's Politically correct answer". Short of world-peace only. :s13:

The latter part I really messed up really badly. "Why SMU ?"

By then the atmosphere was friendly, and I sort of forgot it was an interview and accidentally blurted out I actually applied to NUS & NTU and I just wanted to keep my options open. Oops, that was a BAD answer. I couldn't answer what part of SMU I liked the most, and how different it was from the other two. I lost composure and it became really obvious that I was just smoking myself through.

And I got so nervous when they asked me "Any Qns?", I just said "No", and they said I could leave.

Really really relieved I still got in. :)
 

Taylor_T5

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2013
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Course Applied : SMU SIS
Interview Date : 16th April 13
Result : Still waiting
Grade : 3.59
 

Raj_KY

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
1) SMU Economics
2) 15th April
3) 16th April
4) BBB/B UAS 80
I am currently serving NS so I am offered place in 2015-16 batch.
 

Kooosh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows if I should be having any hopes for interview at all? I haven't even got an answer if I'm rejected or not yet.
 

souppress

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows if I should be having any hopes for interview at all? I haven't even got an answer if I'm rejected or not yet.

I'm not sure, very sorry.
I only know of a friend who has applied for SMU Biz but also not yet gotten any calls for interview..
 

eveline170

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hihi ! This is my FIRST university offer. Finally can tell people I'm going to Uni. :s13:

1) Accountancy
2) 4 April 2013 !
3) The letter is dated 22 April, but I received on 25th !
4) Poly course is SP - Accountancy !

My 6th sem is 3.82, and my L1R4 is 14. (12 if you count the CCA bonus thing.)

hi, may i know if r u a guy or girl. And r u going to enroll this year? Actually I am also from SP acc :) but still no reply from smu yet...
 

chuckie101

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
I have a placing for NTU(haven accepted), but i also have a SMU IS interview this friday. Possible to go for the interview and then decide? And IS is actually about what?
 

zihao90

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
I have a placing for NTU(haven accepted), but i also have a SMU IS interview this friday. Possible to go for the interview and then decide? And IS is actually about what?

SMU IS still having interview?
actually IS is the bridge of Information System and business..
 

ChocolateCat

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
722
Reaction score
1
hi, may i know if r u a guy or girl. And r u going to enroll this year? Actually I am also from SP acc :) but still no reply from smu yet...

Hi coursemate, I'm a girl enrolling this year :)

When was your interview and what's your GPA / R4?

Gl !:)
 

Taylor_T5

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2013
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top