Solo female traveller

tft2806

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hi hi,

If i want to plan a 4d3n solo travel to bkk, is it advisable for me to book a hostel (to save costs)? Any hostel near BTS to recommend? I would most prob be cafe-hopping & going for a thai massage. Not going to do much shopping.

Thanks in advance.
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,252
Reaction score
861
Their small hotel one day can be 30-50 unless u mean 10-20 kind. So may not need hostel.



Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5X
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
What’s your Budget like for accommodation

Hi hi,

If i want to plan a 4d3n solo travel to bkk, is it advisable for me to book a hostel (to save costs)? Any hostel near BTS to recommend? I would most prob be cafe-hopping & going for a thai massage. Not going to do much shopping.

Thanks in advance.
 

tft2806

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
What’s your Budget like for accommodation

Thinking of around 50/night. Whatever I can save on accommodation, I can splurge on other expenses.

This is my first solo trip so wanted to test water on hostels.
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
With your Budget there should be quite a few decent hotel for you to choose don’t have to stay in a hostel.

Thinking of around 50/night. Whatever I can save on accommodation, I can splurge on other expenses.

This is my first solo trip so wanted to test water on hostels.
 

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
668
I stay in this hostel/hotel before. Goodfellas Thong lo Hostel pobably you can see the review as its near to the bts. But for a solo female better to book a room for yourself. Much safer.
 

tft2806

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I stay in this hostel/hotel before. Goodfellas Thong lo Hostel pobably you can see the review as its near to the bts. But for a solo female better to book a room for yourself. Much safer.

Thanks for the advice! Will take a look.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Forgot to ask whether is it safe to grab from airport to hotel?

so far no encounter any issue with grab ...
however, price might be about the same as getting a taxi from the airport taxi counter ...
grab price should be 400+ onwards, exclude toll charges ...
 

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
668
so far no encounter any issue with grab ...
however, price might be about the same as getting a taxi from the airport taxi counter ...
grab price should be 400+ onwards, exclude toll charges ...

Taking a taxi from airport counter sometimes might be cheaper depending on the jam and timing. But there is a surcharge plus toll charges you have to add on.
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,252
Reaction score
861
Thinking of around 50/night. Whatever I can save on accommodation, I can splurge on other expenses.

This is my first solo trip so wanted to test water on hostels.

50$ easy to find hotel instead of hostel. Go agoda do a search got plenty.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5X
 

DOGGYCUP

Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
450
Reaction score
0
See what you want out of this trip, but from your plans (aka enjoy some me time) it’s better to book a small room. But if it’s to open up, step out of comfort zone and meet new ppl, hostel is the way to go.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Thinking of around 50/night. Whatever I can save on accommodation, I can splurge on other expenses.

This is my first solo trip so wanted to test water on hostels.

$50 per nite, you have lots of 3* hotel within your budget.
some 4* hotel is about 50+ to 60+ per nite ...

depending on which area you intending to stay at ...
 

tft2806

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
See what you want out of this trip, but from your plans (aka enjoy some me time) it’s better to book a small room. But if it’s to open up, step out of comfort zone and meet new ppl, hostel is the way to go.

To be frank, this is my first solo trip and I wanted to step out of comfort zone.
If this trip went well, I would then proceed on to further venues solo.
Thanks for all the advice!
 

tft2806

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
$50 per nite, you have lots of 3* hotel within your budget.
some 4* hotel is about 50+ to 60+ per nite ...

depending on which area you intending to stay at ...

Sad to say, even though I am a frequent traveller to BKK, i never have the opportunity to go night markets or thai massage. Most of the time was spent on shopping. So, for this trip, I would love to just go for a thai massage, cafe hopping and hopefully, go a night market. I would also like to go Chaktuchak for once.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Sad to say, even though I am a frequent traveller to BKK, i never have the opportunity to go night markets or thai massage. Most of the time was spent on shopping. So, for this trip, I would love to just go for a thai massage, cafe hopping and hopefully, go a night market. I would also like to go Chaktuchak for once.

For massage, normally would go to tripadvisor see the better ones
then bring my family go there massage ...
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
To be frank, this is my first solo trip and I wanted to step out of comfort zone.
If this trip went well, I would then proceed on to further venues solo.
Thanks for all the advice!

rmb to buy your travel insurance :)
 

veyonce

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
3
I'm contemplating whether to travel to Bangkok solo next year or with my colleague whom prefers good hotel.... If I'm going solo, I'm looking at Lub D Siam hostel which is just next to National Stadium.

For me, accessibility to the BTS is my main concern. I prefer to stay near the BTS so that I can just go back to the hotel/hostel to rest after shopping. I prefer to take the trains in Bangkok.
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
You would have to state your Budget for your room. Because some decent hotel are around $50 - $60 a night

I'm contemplating whether to travel to Bangkok solo next year or with my colleague whom prefers good hotel.... If I'm going solo, I'm looking at Lub D Siam hostel which is just next to National Stadium.

For me, accessibility to the BTS is my main concern. I prefer to stay near the BTS so that I can just go back to the hotel/hostel to rest after shopping. I prefer to take the trains in Bangkok.
 

tft2806

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows how to get from pratunam area to Don Mueang airport?
Since I am solo, taxi/grab would be last resort. Prefer either BTS or bus.
How much would it be?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top