Sony Xperia devices are most stable smartphones

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A report from mobile app insight company, Apteligent, has highlighted that Sony Xperia smartphones have the overall lowest crash rates in the Android ecosystem. Apteligent only looked at apps that have over half a million daily downloads, mainly as these apps are highly optimised and therefore have the lowest crash rates.

Sony Xperia devices had an average crash rate of 0.08%, which was better than all other Android devices including handsets from Samsung, Motorola and HTC. It is good to see Sony’s software doing well here, but does this chime with your experiences?

Sony-stable-smartphones-640x274.png

Direct Link : http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/08/16/sony-xperia-devices-are-most-stable-smartphones-around-report/

Credits : XperiaBlog.net

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overheat = Stable? :s11:

Not really overheat but proper disseminate of heat without causing any damage to the Motherboard or components within the phone and with the use of glass, you can feel the heat more than plastics.

Those which you cannot feel the heat on the exterior of the phone might have an issue in the reliability of the phone which means your phone may not last more than a year or so.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overheat = Stable? :s11:

Overheat is totally another subject.
The thread is about normal use of the phone, which may not always include overheating.

Overheating to phone crash is also hardware topic.

omelet

Reaction score
No idea why nowadays everyone seem to associate Sony devices with overheating...:s22:

I used Z3+ (the phone coined by many reviewers as the overheating failure that even Sony abandoned, crashes within 3 min of usage...etc) since launch until today, yes the phone gets hot....but it never crash nor restart on its own...whatever thing I threw at it...it works...
oh and it's getting Android 7 Nougat as well...:eek:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess it's likely that the well sealed structure for waterproofing or of its Omnibalance design language of Sony's phones, makes it that the heat is harder to dissipate out of the phone.

Sent from Sumire using GAGT

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess it's likely that the well sealed structure for waterproofing or of its Omnibalance design language of Sony's phones, makes it that the heat is harder to dissipate out of the phone.

No, I don't think so. You feel the heat on the external of the phone does not mean that it is not able to dissipate the heat properly, it can be the other way round.

Just look at the reliability of the phone and you will know that Sony Smartphones do last longer than other brands as my friend is still using his Z1 till now. =:p

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The phone only needs get rid of the excess heat from the internals, it does not matter if the phone external case gets hot.

Only the phone internals will affect performance due to excessive heat.

xgwei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think the phone heats up easily when taking lots of photos....
then if it becomes too hot, u cant launch the camera app....

omelet

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. You feel the heat on the external of the phone does not mean that it is not able to dissipate the heat properly, it can be the other way round.

Just look at the reliability of the phone and you will know that Sony Smartphones do last longer than other brands as my friend is still using his Z1 till now. =:p

I believe it is because of the material used and how thin it is...you can try power off the phone and put it into your pocket(with the back facing your thigh), then walk around awhile and touch the phone...it would have absorbed your body heat and feel warm too...

or you can bring it out under the sun and it will also absorb the heat easily...:s22:
and when you put it in air-con room, it became icey cold..:D

Ever since I started using Z series, I noticed that they seem to be doing things in the opposite direction from other brands...
Initial firmware always had some minor glitch here and there (eg. touchscreen response, UI stuttering, app switcher delay) but every time they release firmware update or OS upgrade, they are always fixed and even giving you a speed boost...

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think the phone heats up easily when taking lots of photos....
then if it becomes too hot, u cant launch the camera app....

I think this is true for most phones, not only Sony phones.

hush66

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about hardware failure? getting worst n worst.

Never had any hardware issues with my numerous Sony phones. I only had to go service centre once, when I accidentally dropped my phone into a pail of water with the flap uncovered.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never had any hardware issues with my numerous Sony phones. I only had to go service centre once, when I accidentally dropped my phone into a pail of water with the flap uncovered.

same here.. did not go service centre before for my z1, z3, z5. i only go there as my mum's z5 compact battery bloated. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.