Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wifi issues

indie_engineer

Junior Member
Joined
May 17, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hi.

I was reading your review on the Tablet Z and I agree with almost all of it. I recently purchased it and I am very happy with it.

I have realised one thing though, the wifi connection is quite slow. I know it is not my internet connection at home as I am using a fibre internet connection and wifi speeds are very fast on my PCS and laptops... even my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

I was just wondering if you guys faced a similar issue with the wifi as, unless i missed it, you guys didn't test its wifi speeds.

I would appreciate your feedback on this.. thanks!
 

j.wartooth

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2011
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Hi indie_engineer. In our testing we didn't experience any issues with the WiFi connection and, as such, we didn't specifically test WiFi throughput.

Are you able to connect using a different WiFi connection to test speeds (perhaps at work or a friend's house?). If you're still having the same problems, it could be an issue with your particular unit, in which case, we suggest taking it to the Sony service center.
 

indie_engineer

Junior Member
Joined
May 17, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hi indie_engineer. In our testing we didn't experience any issues with the WiFi connection and, as such, we didn't specifically test WiFi throughput.

Are you able to connect using a different WiFi connection to test speeds (perhaps at work or a friend's house?). If you're still having the same problems, it could be an issue with your particular unit, in which case, we suggest taking it to the Sony service center.

Apologies for the extremely late response.

In terms of connectivity it's fine. I havent faced any issues of my wifi connection being dropped or anything like that.

However I ran the speedtest.net android app on both my Note 2 and the Tablet Z. On the app they showed similar speeds. However when surfing on the tablet Z, page loads are visibly slower. I did a test of loading the same page on my Note 2 and Tablet Z at the same time and the Tablet Z took about a second or 2 to fully load the same page.

I honestly do not think this is a defect, rather just a consequence of the type of wifi adapter they put in the tablet.

Other than that though, I absolutely love the tablet! I honestly think it is the best 10" android tablet on the market to date! Other than the wifi I do admit battery life seems to suffer quite abit, which i believe is in large part due to the tablet's full HD screen.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top