Sound Cards

Skallzz

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
I am looking for a sound card with a Line In: 2 x RCA (L / R).
Any recommendations?

The audio card will be connected to a home theater system
 

Skallzz

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
sound blaster ZXR has that but it is too expensive.. any other card with something like that?
 

Skallzz

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Xonar U7. USB though. I'm using one.

is this an external sound card or how does it work or?

can get more details please cause it could be what I am looking for

In my box currently is a creative pci sound card.. its the blue recon 3d lol
 

harharhar

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
is this an external sound card or how does it work or?

can get more details please cause it could be what I am looking for

In my box currently is a creative pci sound card.. its the blue recon 3d lol

You can say it's an external sound card. Plug to your USB, install drivers, good to go. Up to 7.1 surround.

It has separate amp for speakers (rear) and headphones (front). Amps not changable, for that you might have to look at higher end stuff like creative soundblaster X7.
 

Skallzz

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Bump Bump

So i went and got the Xonar U7.. however its only 2 ch.. any other niffty gadgets to make it a 5ch.. note I'm trying to go low costs.. that creative X7 is way to expensive...
 

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
5,927
Reaction score
5
Bump Bump

So i went and got the Xonar U7.. however its only 2 ch.. any other niffty gadgets to make it a 5ch.. note I'm trying to go low costs.. that creative X7 is way to expensive...

Isnt the U7 already 5-channel, with ports for centre/sub, left rear and right rear? Just go to the U7 software and change from stereo to 5.1 will do.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,309
Reaction score
6,574
Bump Bump

So i went and got the Xonar U7.. however its only 2 ch.. any other niffty gadgets to make it a 5ch.. note I'm trying to go low costs.. that creative X7 is way to expensive...

Your U7 support until 7.1.
 

Skallzz

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Your U7 support until 7.1.

Sorry to bump twice in a day.. but I managed to switch it 5.1 ..

however I am using RCA to connect from my home theater..

So how does that work eh hehe

Sorry I need alot of help figuring stuff out.
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,706
Reaction score
30,332
Draw a block diagram of your whole system connected
 

Skallzz

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Draw a block diagram of your whole system connected

Do not need to lol..

its as a 5.1 home theater system 2 front 2 back 1 center..

connected to the U7 using RCA (Red and white)

switched the system in U7 to 5.1 but its RCA .. so standard 2ch I suppose?

anyways to work around it to make it a whole 5.1 ??
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
Sorry to bump twice in a day.. but I managed to switch it 5.1 ..

however I am using RCA to connect from my home theater..

So how does that work eh hehe

Sorry I need alot of help figuring stuff out.



RCA only 2 channel.. think u need to go optical.

Please correct me if i am wrong.
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
eVKVVck.jpg

There connect to SPDIF

G6Z2Tl4.jpg

Clearly stated say support 4.1/5.1/7.1 and etc


TvZBef1.jpg


There to your AVR


Lastly the setting must be correct to get 5.1

- Video clip and software also must support (correct me if wrong)
- I know the Sound card console must set output to SPDIF and 5.1 setting.
 
Last edited:

MasK

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
243
Yup. Old skool RCA is only for stereo, 2 channels.
U7 does not support optical.
However, it supports coaxial (SPIDIF connector), and provided your HT system accepts this as well.
There are optical-coaxial/vice-versa converter available if you need those.
If your HT does not have any coax/optical at all, the U7 supports analog 5.1 out as well. They're marked centre, side, rear. HT needs to support these too.

Maybe it'll help if you describe you HT system. Is it a standalone amp or those all-in-one HT with speakers and BD player?

If it's an Amp that supports HDMI in, I'd recommend that instead. Audio/Video through one cable. Don't even need the U7 for that.

EDIT: Darn.. magix beat me to it while I was typing.. haha :)
 

Skallzz

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Thanks all for the help..

I guess thats it then .. I have no choice to RCA.

cause my HT's optical port is damaged.. no its not my HT.. it was given to me .. and that time was half gone in terms of the port. and since its a given item.. I have checked and its already out of warranty

if anyone wants to know the model of the HT is LG: HT762PZ-A2

thanks all for the help
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top