SQ mySQupgrade bidding

Jumpman23

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,560
Reaction score
15
Just received an offer from SQ to place bid for upgrade to Premium Economy Class. Bid offer from $90 - $250. Anyone tried before and got the upgrade? Is it worth it? From the FAQ it looks like this is a closed bidding system.
 

yantao

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
3,011
Reaction score
9
Just received an offer from SQ to place bid for upgrade to Premium Economy Class. Bid offer from $90 - $250. Anyone tried before and got the upgrade? Is it worth it? From the FAQ it looks like this is a closed bidding system.

Just got an offer from SQ as well for mySQupgrade.
Not sure if there are any tips on that?
 

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2001
Messages
23,995
Reaction score
5
wah $250 quite ok if long haul flight

but some airlines have similar bidding for upgrade to biz class. SQ dont have?
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,433
Reaction score
717
Is the upgrade not offered to everyone? I'm assuming they offer only to those who paid for a higher fare class, otherwise they will lugi even if you bid 250.

Which destination is your flight to? Anyway, I would guess that need to bid on the higher side to win the bid.
 

bluegt

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
968
Reaction score
228
I bid and got upgraded HKG-SIN from Economy to Premium Economy.

I bid $90 if I recall correctly.

Not worth it for a 3 1/2 hour flight IMO, SQ Premium Economy product is not very different from Economy.
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,433
Reaction score
717
I bid and got upgraded HKG-SIN from Economy to Premium Economy.

I bid $90 if I recall correctly.

Not worth it for a 3 1/2 hour flight IMO, SQ Premium Economy product is not very different from Economy.

Does PY share toilet with Y class?

Good thing is that PY is probably a bit quieter with less ppl and more leg room but I suppose that's secondary for shorter ppl, since it's a relatively short flight.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
I bid and got upgraded HKG-SIN from Economy to Premium Economy.

I bid $90 if I recall correctly.

Not worth it for a 3 1/2 hour flight IMO, SQ Premium Economy product is not very different from Economy.

depending on ur flight ...
if you are sitting on a b777-200 flight ... their economy is quite squeezy, like budget airline ... if the guy infront of u tilt their seats, you might have some problem ...

hence i have chosen premium econ for my hkg to sin flight ...
much more comfortable ... leg can stretch out fully ...
 

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,625
Reaction score
900
Does PY share toilet with Y class?

Good thing is that PY is probably a bit quieter with less ppl and more leg room but I suppose that's secondary for shorter ppl, since it's a relatively short flight.

Yes share toilets with Y.

Only on the new/refitted A380 will Premium Economy have a dedicated cabin
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top