SRS Investment

little pupsky

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2016
Messages
364
Reaction score
93
I’m not keen to use SRS to buy ES3 anymore which was what I have been doing for years.

Any other good options? The fees for the unit trusts also make me sian...
 

Ericyip88

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Does anyone know if investing ETFs and UTs using SRS entitle to dividends? I suppose yes but I cannot find anywhere in my OCBC SRS statement showing incoming dividends. Can anyone teach me how to check?

Login in to OCBC online, select SRS Account, then SRS Account Details, then CPF transactions.
 

Ericyip88

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
If you link the SRS to Poems, by logging in to POEMS using PC / its Phillips WM, can see the SRS holdings too.
:

My SRS is link to POEMS and I can use POEMS to buy shares using SRS. Only purchase using POEMS are recorded in POEMS. If I tell my remiser to buy using SRS, it will not be recorded in POEMS. So see correct holdings in SRS operater (the bank).
 

rerear

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
2,055
Reaction score
20
Meaning no real incentive to use Robos like Endowus to buy, better to self-service using POEMS platform for lowest fees? Catch is that not all funds are available to POEMS?
 

karakorum1999

Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
262
Reaction score
89
My SRS is link to POEMS and I can use POEMS to buy shares using SRS. Only purchase using POEMS are recorded in POEMS. If I tell my remiser to buy using SRS, it will not be recorded in POEMS. So see correct holdings in SRS operater (the bank).

May I know if using POEMS for SRS would be cheaper than using FSMone?
I know for unit trusts, POEMS is better as it does not charge platform fees.

What about for shares and ETF? FSMOne charges 0.08% with $10min.
 

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
14,671
Reaction score
8
I’m not keen to use SRS to buy ES3 anymore which was what I have been doing for years.

Any other good options? The fees for the unit trusts also make me sian...

U have to look carefully.

Eg Lionglobal All Seasons Growth Fund has total expense ratio of 0.49%. One of the lowest around. If you buy on POEMS which does not charge sales and platform fees, it is quite palatable.
 

gold_eagle36

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
1,682
Reaction score
118
Any high level idea on how better it is when compared with Stashaway? Thanks

Different strategies and I use both.

Let's try to justify their fees based on the "value" they provide. Stashaway value add is it's strategy of switching the allocation of etfs to different sectors depending on market conditions based on their data collected (current allocation is all weather).

Endowus is more passive but they provide access to some institutional class funds which you would not have access to through other broker or platforms. Their global portfolios are very well diversified. Good if you believe that diversification reduces overall risks.
 

softwareengineer

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
1
Different strategies and I use both.

Let's try to justify their fees based on the "value" they provide. Stashaway value add is it's strategy of switching the allocation of etfs to different sectors depending on market conditions based on their data collected (current allocation is all weather).

Endowus is more passive but they provide access to some institutional class funds which you would not have access to through other broker or platforms. Their global portfolios are very well diversified. Good if you believe that diversification reduces overall risks.
Can I PM you if you are ok? Thanks
 

assiak71

Master Member
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
43
Any high level idea on how better it is when compared with Stashaway? Thanks

I choose endowus because
- overall fee 0.8x%
- fixed AA (80/20 for me)
- sgd-hedged bonds
But this is my decision. You have to make your own decision after knowing what they offer.
 

kickass22

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
609
Reaction score
264
Hi assiak71,

Can I check, Is 0.8% the only fee you pay or it is not including other fees.

Usually for a ETF like IWDA OR VWRD , the cost associated will be the ETF TER + brokerage expense.

So for one below : Is the total expense 0.8% only. No other cost? or are there other cost not specified .

Also, can I check, is the 0.8% charged to the fund or is it specific to the amount I invest. So the more I invest, the more the TER cost.

Thank you for your reply. It was not clear for when I tried to read the website.


I choose endowus because
- overall fee 0.8x%
- fixed AA (80/20 for me)
- sgd-hedged bonds
But this is my decision. You have to make your own decision after knowing what they offer.
 

proton_cannon

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
5,260
Reaction score
2,454
Not saying no one should buy robos. Just that they clearly are not worth it from a cost perspective.

You pay a premium to the robo for services such as automatic regular investments, autorebalancing, figuring out what to buy, etc

If one is liable to panic sell, too lazy to rebalance or not disciplined enough to invest regularly, the robo may present a very worthwhile service.

robo is also good for trading-restricted employees
 

skpuppy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
3,379
Reaction score
629
Anyone tried use DBS vickers to buy local shares/ etf with SRS? Is the min charges $25?
 

skpuppy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
3,379
Reaction score
629
Use FSM. Cheaper
FSM is $10 right? $25 is still cheaper than buying unit trust. I think Lion global is rolling out another China etf. Maybe every year $15300 can whack China etf whereas cash whack others. If break $15300 into 3 tranches and whack at commission of $25. Not ridiculous la. Also can include as DBS treasures AUM? If they charge $25, then shares in cdp which is not bad also
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top