SSD not detected by BIOS

vitadrink

Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
EDIT: The problem seems to disappear by itself. I can boot up to windows now.


Hi guys,

My computer suddenly restarted and after POST, it shows boot manager not found. Press alt ctrl delete to restart. So I tried to resit the cable of my boot drive and tried to change to another port, it still doesn't show up in BIOS. Then, I inserted the windows disk for boot and when they ask me to choose where I want to install windows, I can see my boot drive there. What seems to be the problem here? My boot drive is Crucial M4 128GB if it helps.

TIA!
 
Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,701
Reaction score
526
Is your SSD firmware 070H? If not, update to latest from Crucial site: Crucial SSD Firmware Updates

EDIT: The problem seems to disappear by itself. I can boot up to windows now.


Hi guys,

My computer suddenly restarted and after POST, it shows boot manager not found. Press alt ctrl delete to restart. So I tried to resit the cable of my boot drive and tried to change to another port, it still doesn't show up in BIOS. Then, I inserted the windows disk for boot and when they ask me to choose where I want to install windows, I can see my boot drive there. What seems to be the problem here? My boot drive is Crucial M4 128GB if it helps.

TIA!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top