chicksub90
Member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2013
- Messages
- 381
- Reaction score
- 0
I installed windows 7 on my ssd and it worked fine. Then I removed it recently and connected my PC to two older hard disks. Today I load the connect back the ssd with one of my older harddisk and it wouldn't boot rom ssd.
First I tot it was my boot sequence, so I changed it on bios. Still didn't work.
So I booted manually to ssd from bios, still didn't work - it went back to boot from the other harddisk.
So I connected only the ssd now and find that it wouldn't boot...no booting and it asks me to insert a cd or other media. I insert my windows cd and try to repair but it tells me I have no OS on the harddrive. So now I am reinstalling windows on it. And when doing that it shows me I had 40gb used on my ssd (which I now format away for fresh install) but that indicates all my previous files were on it. I didn't delete anything previously either.
How come my OS disappears?.
First I tot it was my boot sequence, so I changed it on bios. Still didn't work.
So I booted manually to ssd from bios, still didn't work - it went back to boot from the other harddisk.
So I connected only the ssd now and find that it wouldn't boot...no booting and it asks me to insert a cd or other media. I insert my windows cd and try to repair but it tells me I have no OS on the harddrive. So now I am reinstalling windows on it. And when doing that it shows me I had 40gb used on my ssd (which I now format away for fresh install) but that indicates all my previous files were on it. I didn't delete anything previously either.
How come my OS disappears?.