SSD + SATA

hayashiryo

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding HDD.

Nowadays I see laptop with additional HDD option.
Ex. 500GB SATA+8GBSSH
Or 500GB HDD + 32GB mSATA

1) What is SSH?
2) Is mSATA = SSD?
3) And how does this type of "dual option" HDD Work?

Thanks
 

Zoysia

Banned
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
0
Hi, I just bought a SSD but it cannot be used on my old XP system, planning to sell at $150 . can fit inside notebook too.
pm me now tks


13441600335_3ac993d8cf.jpg
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding HDD.

Nowadays I see laptop with additional HDD option.
Ex. 500GB SATA+8GBSSH
Or 500GB HDD + 32GB mSATA

1) What is SSH?
2) Is mSATA = SSD?
3) And how does this type of "dual option" HDD Work?

Thanks

Its SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive), a combination of HDD and SSD
mSATA is the connector type. but yes, the 32GB mSATA should be an SSD.
the SSD is usually used as a cache to speed up. It is faster than just HDD alone but definitely slower than a pure SSD.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top