Starhub Giga

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
Is there any email notification send for porting over?

This noon i have submitted port in request but till now i have yet to receive any email notification on the request
 

heartywarrior

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2017
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
749
Is there any email notification send for porting over?

This noon i have submitted port in request but till now i have yet to receive any email notification on the request
i din receive any email notification when I submitted the port in request but receive an email notification once the port over is completed around midnight...
 

ET_ETs

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
446
Reaction score
22
OIC Thank for the help :D will check with Giga CS for more detail



i think in your online signup process, you already paid some $18 + $2 delivery fees? so technically yr $18 for 1st month is a sunken cost which already started...

if you sign up requesting for port in of existing non-giga number, then a giga sim card will be delivered to you and I think once u activated the giga sim, the porting request will be initiated... u can read under their FAQ...

"...Here's how the port-in/transfer process works
- When you choose to port-in/transfer your existing number from another telco to giga, a temporary giga number will first be assigned and delivered to you
- Upon delivery of the temporary giga number, your request to port-in will be processed within 1-3 working days
- Once port-in is approved, your temporary giga number will be automatically changed to your existing number from your current telco...."
 

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
24
Like that one can only receive sms overseas. Cannot make urgent calls if needed. This is why I dun like gomo or giga, both are half-baked service comparing you their parent plans.

You can make voice calls using data from apps eg whatsapp.
But if you big boss type, call office fixed line for conference when traveling then u need normal calls which giga! dun have. But since u big boss type also no need find cheaper subscription plan lah, stick with the regular 3 telcos good enuff
 

icani00

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Pay $18 for first month + $2 one time delivery fee for sim.
No charges to port in.

The giga FAQ is really quite comprehensive

I got another question,..If I don't activate the new SIM received coz I plan port in at a later, I will not be charge for the first month right?
 

icani00

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Like that one can only receive sms overseas. Cannot make urgent calls if needed. This is why I dun like gomo or giga, both are half-baked service comparing you their parent plans.

Yes, Mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) do have their limitation compare to their parent plan. But even with using the parent plan, you gotta to pay some premium. So, another option maybe just buy a prepaid card at the country of destination.
 

icani00

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
You can make voice calls using data from apps eg whatsapp.
But if you big boss type, call office fixed line for conference when traveling then u need normal calls which giga! dun have. But since u big boss type also no need find cheaper subscription plan lah, stick with the regular 3 telcos good enuff

Agreed. You cannot have both worlds
 

tek888

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
191
Reaction score
7
Can. I signed up 5aug, activate and port in in December. I emailed the CSO to clarify on this
First billing will start when u activate.

Thanks bro. I will go ahead and sign up since the 40GB deal is quite good now. Also, there is low risk since there is no contract and I can jump to another telco anytime.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
I got another question,..If I don't activate the new SIM received coz I plan port in at a later, I will not be charge for the first month right?

Your Credit Card will be immediately charged Plan Price + Delivery Fees upon completing online application, i.e., before delivery takes place. The clock starts ticking AFTER you insert SIM into phone & connect to network, i.e., starts of service.

Not sure how long you can keep the card un-activated after taking delivery because someone mentioned CSO told him can keep until Dec... :s11:
 

unityap

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Does giga charge gst? Or just net $18 in the bill? I’m using MyRepublic and their bill is net
 

icani00

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Your Credit Card will be immediately charged Plan Price + Delivery Fees upon completing online application, i.e., before delivery takes place. The clock starts ticking AFTER you insert SIM into phone & connect to network, i.e., starts of service.

Not sure how long you can keep the card un-activated after taking delivery because someone mentioned CSO told him can keep until Dec... :s11:

I will activate it & port-in end of this month.
So, End of Sept20 bill is already covered from that initial deduction right?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top