Starhub Giga

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
Cannot be leh, I'm also using Galaxy Note8 and Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, all 3 including Note9s comes with A-GPS. My GPS takes quite fast to locate me and i'm using M1 on both devices.

Take a look at the 3 side by side comparisons
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10147&idPhone2=10055&idPhone3=8505

perhaps it's TPG AGPS that is taking slower?

To add one I've a 2019 Samsung Tab 8.0 listed with GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, I do not have a sim card inside but tap on my wifi phone network, the GPS like forever trying to capture, so I believe the phone network AGPS does help alot.
 

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
7,596
Reaction score
825
Getting my sim soon, I'm porting over at a later date.

1. Is the activation instant?
Possible to activate without inserting sim card?
Is there an optimal day and time to activate?

2. How long does it take to port over from Starhub?
Is there an optimal day and time to port over?

Thanks

Anymore advice? Thx
 

fuwilliam

Junior Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I subscribe Giga for about 6 month, very satisfied. before have experience with all 3 telco, Singtel, Strhub and M1, no difference using this promo code
xhsRwj

can save up to 10 $
 

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
No sharing of referral code are allowed.

I subscribe Giga for about 6 month, very satisfied. before have experience with all 3 telco, Singtel, Strhub and M1, no difference using this promo code
xhsRwj

can save up to 10 $
 

moonshadow

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
One question to ask, does the telecom operator reveal your mobile number if someone call the line, no one answer at the end of the call, will it say"the number 9XXX XXXX is currently unavailable"


Thanks
 

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
Nope just mentioned that the starhub no you called is currently unavailable
One question to ask, does the telecom operator reveal your mobile number if someone call the line, no one answer at the end of the call, will it say"the number 9XXX XXXX is currently unavailable"


Thanks
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
One question to ask, does the telecom operator reveal your mobile number if someone call the line, no one answer at the end of the call, will it say"the number 9XXX XXXX is currently unavailable"


Thanks

Which telco will do that really? Will violate the PDPA leh. :eek:
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
You already have the number when you call, why violate?
Might be used by scammers who spam to all possible numbers and specifically looking out out numbers that exist, just that the subscribers are not picking up the phone. Then they will focus on those subscribers to spew their scam spam.
 

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,886
Reaction score
280
I just got my giga. activated the card and went into the app and choose to port in my gomo. Is there any SMS or email telling me the porting is in progress or has received my request?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
I just got my giga. activated the card and went into the app and choose to port in my gomo. Is there any SMS or email telling me the porting is in progress or has received my request?
There will be an sms sent to both the porting number and the temporary number I think. At least that is what happened when I ported a number into MyRepublic.
 

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,886
Reaction score
280
There will be an sms sent to both the porting number and the temporary number I think. At least that is what happened when I ported a number into MyRepublic.
din received any SMS on that
 

bloodymiko

Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Messages
394
Reaction score
0
doesnt giga charge pro-rated for this month first, then subsequent start charging per whole month basis?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top