Starhub happy travel sim card

Cowdude

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Has anyone pre-order the starhub happy travel sim card and collect it at changi airport before? I am keen on pre-ordering but I am not sure of the collection venue opening hours.
 

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
5,272
Reaction score
728
Has anyone pre-order the starhub happy travel sim card and collect it at changi airport before? I am keen on pre-ordering but I am not sure of the collection venue opening hours.

Just buy it at any 7-11.
 

gnooliew

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
594
Reaction score
118
Just note that it is straightaway activated at collection, so only get 1 or 2 days before if you banking on some of the free local data or overseas data (for the $32 card).
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
Has anyone pre-order the starhub happy travel sim card and collect it at changi airport before? I am keen on pre-ordering but I am not sure of the collection venue opening hours.
Pre-order is usually for oversea passenger.
As the collection is UOB branch.
Read about prepaid roaming and there is the link to order within,

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/prepaid-cards/happy-roam.html

Do download the Happy Prepaid App.
As it required PIN via sms to login.
Do the necessary setting for APN and turn on Roaming service before leaving.
There is no need to logout, as to tap Back key twice to exit n close the app.
As it can open without request for PIN via sms, as wifi can use instead.
 

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
11,951
Reaction score
1,329
Has anyone pre-order the starhub happy travel sim card and collect it at changi airport before? I am keen on pre-ordering but I am not sure of the collection venue opening hours.
I did it 2wks ago, collection at the UOB Forex counter just in front of the departure area at T3, don't know for sure but I assume it's 24hrs. The bank officer there helped me set up the apn, etc.
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
Can the StarHub Sim be brought in other location ? StarHub outlet? Also the $15 comes with $18 right together with IB TOP up to get 3.6gb?
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
Can the StarHub Sim be brought in other location ? StarHub outlet? Also the $15 comes with $18 right together with IB TOP up to get 3.6gb?

Yes, recently bought a $15 Prepaid SIM from Starhub shop at Parkway Parade.
The one i bought is based on $15 value with 2.2GB local data spread over 6 months.
There are 2 type of $15 Prepaid SIM card.
This shop do have $8 and $15 both types available, last visit about 2 weeks ago and do have plenty.

All Prepaid SIM can be top-up data via Data Plan, up to 30-days such as 3.6GB for $20.

As some shops may or may not have as it depend.

For more details refer to the link on shops that do have Starhub Prepaid SIM.
http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/prepaid-cards.html

StarHub Shops
StarHub’s Exclusive Partner outlets
StarHub Authorised Retailers
7-Eleven stores
Cheers convenience stores
SingPost
Changi Airport Terminal 3 - StarHub Counter
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
Can the StarHub Sim be brought in other location ? StarHub outlet? Also the $15 comes with $18 right together with IB TOP up to get 3.6gb?
Starhub Shops should sell but stocks may be low from time to time. Authorised dealers often have no stocks.

I tried buying the $50 prepaid SIM at Bugis last Dec but I was told I needed to buy another card first. I felt it was a sell gimmick and walked off since there was no reason why I should get more items than what was necessary. I eventually bought the $50 prepaid SIM at Plaza Singapura.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
Starhub Shops should sell but stocks may be low from time to time. Authorised dealers often have no stocks.

I tried buying the $50 prepaid SIM at Bugis last Dec but I was told I needed to buy another card first. I felt it was a sell gimmick and walked off since there was no reason why I should get more items than what was necessary. I eventually bought the $50 prepaid SIM at Plaza Singapura.

Starhub Exclusive Partners &or Dealers stock low could due to several reasons.
They do have small agents /shops that do the selling, as this will spread all over in several locations with some do sell faster than others.
As Prepaid SIM card are pre-prepared, hence there are limited quantity.
Meaning each Prepaid SIM card do have printed permanent mobile number on it.
Whereas Postpaid SIM card do not have any mobile numbers on the card itself as it can be generated by the System.

Beside there are Premium mobile numbers for Prepaid SIM cards too.
Hence there are different cost which are usually higher than standard.
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
Starhub Exclusive Partners &or Dealers stock low could due to several reasons.
They do have small agents /shops that do the selling, as this will spread all over in several locations with some do sell faster than others.
As Prepaid SIM card are pre-prepared, hence there are limited quantity.
Meaning each Prepaid SIM card do have printed permanent mobile number on it.
Whereas Postpaid SIM card do not have any mobile numbers on the card itself as it can be generated by the System.

Beside there are Premium mobile numbers for Prepaid SIM cards too.
Hence there are different cost which are usually higher than standard.
I am not too sure if the Bugis outlet is an authorised dealer. I disagreed with the offer and hence walked off.
At Plaza Singapura, I bought a number ending with 88 with no extra chargefor the $50 prepaid SIM.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,653
Reaction score
3,501
I bought the pre-paid card at a 7-11. Activated the sim and roaming plan in HK. Also reactivated the roaming plan (a month plus after it expired) while I was in the US.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
I am not too sure if the Bugis outlet is an authorised dealer. I disagreed with the offer and hence walked off.
At Plaza Singapura, I bought a number ending with 88 with no extra chargefor the $50 prepaid SIM.

You mean in Junction 8 next to M1 & Singtel, Samsung.

That is Starhub shop which i encountered the staff not helpful.
As did not want to buy from there.
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
You mean in Junction 8 next to M1 & Singtel, Samsung.

That is Starhub shop which i encountered the staff not helpful.
As did not want to buy from there.
Nope, Bugis Junction. It is next to M1 and opposite (or diagonally opposite) of Singtel at Level. They are friendly but I cannot understand the ridiculous package they have over a $50 prepaid SIM.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
Nope, Bugis Junction. It is next to M1 and opposite (or diagonally opposite) of Singtel at Level. They are friendly but I cannot understand the ridiculous package they have over a $50 prepaid SIM.
Oops. My bad.
It is Bugis Junction, not junction 8.
They have $50 Prepaid SIM only.
As i want is $15 with 2.2GB long term data.
 

kitkat2

Master Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2012
Messages
2,759
Reaction score
243
Oops. My bad.
It is Bugis Junction, not junction 8.
They have $50 Prepaid SIM only.
As i want is $15 with 2.2GB long term data.

seriously? i saw many customers buying $15 cards from that store, but i myself bought a $8, which gave me 1.2gb sufficient for my japan and hk trips.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
seriously? i saw many customers buying $15 cards from that store, but i myself bought a $8, which gave me 1.2gb sufficient for my japan and hk trips.
Maybe they have already have stock.
This happened 2 weeks ago.
Anyway went another shop at Parkway Parade to get.
This shop do have a lot of $8 & $15 both types.
Me is to replace existing prepaid sim as the phone number is used by someone before me, previous owner.
As keep getting getting ex owner's contacts calls, sms, facebook, etc.
 

martin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
70
Something about this card I don’t understand. After buying a plan, my wallet had remaing value of $3 plus. Right through the trip and up till i board the plan before returning home, i still had $3 plus in my wallet according to the app. Yet, the moment i reached home, i looked at the app, i was left with only 2 cents. So within that 1 hour after touching down, without my knowledge, i have used up $3? I didn’t use the phone at all, it was in my pocket. I might have some whatsapp messages but still puzzled how $3 was consumed so quickly. :s11:
 

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2000
Messages
37,477
Reaction score
1,561
I have this problem too

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top