StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

pIsangpIsang

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Hmmm Same problem here. Living in Bukit Panjang.

For the pass 4 days stuff are just loading slower then usual.
Now my http feels back to normal. dl 100kb pdf in a few seconds instead of the ages minuets. Image board also loads quite fast
 

kansianz

Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
I am thinking of going Starhub maxinfinity hubbing plan.

On the website, it says :

*Waiver of installation fees for MaxInfinity plans is valid till 31 December 2011. This installation service includes connecting any 1 of the following devices to the Internet via the Wireless Home Gateway in a single appointment: PC, laptop, netbook, and smart phone.

Does this include connection of ONT from living room to my room PC via ethernet cable? Or just wireless-ly?
 

boyanmetal_zc4

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
798
Reaction score
0
So....Starhub fibre's is really bad ah? I'm on the verge of downgrading my connection speed & changing my connection from cable to fibre this weekend. So judging from the messages in here, looks like it is best to stick on cable or it is so? My connection usages are 1) I'm a regular to Xbox Live for nightly gaming sessions 2) Normal surfing. Not a heavy downloader and very very rare using torrent and things of those.

Another thing, if I am to re-contract with Starhub, do I get free modem or need to pay for it? And will fibre modem works well with DLink 655 router?

Thanks.
 

Concuss

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Starhub Maxinfinity - ONT->RG256s->DIR655->wireless

hey guys,

I do hope that you will be able to help me with the above.

I have set up as per Post #1, but I am getting some issues.

I am able to connect Lan to my DIR655 and wireless, but I am not able to get any internet via my DIR655. Something tells me my configuration is wrong, but I am not sure what.

I have configured my HG256s as follows:

HG256s
Basic Lan->
IP address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

DHCP is enabled
Start IP: 192.168.1.2
End IP: 192.168.1.254

DMZ-> 192.168.1.2 and it is set to enabled

On my dlink 655:

Static IP
static ip:192.168.1.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
IP Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS: 192.168.1.1
Mac Address = Mac address of RG256s

Would really appreciate your kind help, especially those who have the DIR655.

Thanks!!!
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
hey guys,

I do hope that you will be able to help me with the above.

I have set up as per Post #1, but I am getting some issues.

I am able to connect Lan to my DIR655 and wireless, but I am not able to get any internet via my DIR655. Something tells me my configuration is wrong, but I am not sure what.

I have configured my HG256s as follows:

HG256s
Basic Lan->
IP address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

DHCP is enabled
Start IP: 192.168.1.2
End IP: 192.168.1.254

DMZ-> 192.168.1.2 and it is set to enabled

On my dlink 655:

Static IP
static ip:192.168.1.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
IP Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
Secondary DNS: 192.168.1.1
Mac Address = Mac address of RG256s

Would really appreciate your kind help, especially those who have the DIR655.

Thanks!!!

Set your HG256s Start IP to 192.168.1.3
DISABLE DHCP service on your DIR655.
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Set your HG256s Start IP to 192.168.1.3
DISABLE DHCP service on your DIR655.

care to explain why ?

1. no reason to set it to 3 when 2 should be able to work if huawei .2 is not being used by some other devices.

2. you can keep it on what.
 

Concuss

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I tried the recommendations and still dosen't work.

On the HW, I still notice that .2 is being assigned to a --- not sure what equipment it is.

Actually, the starhub speed is not bad (I'm talking about straight cable connection to the HW router). I was getting speeds of 2.6 - 3.8MB/s downloads for my starwars TOR client download. That's amazing compared to my cable modem.

If only they can have a better router than HW RG 256s..... That spoils the entire experience.
 

liangzai

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Starhub is currently making D-Link DVG-N5402SP available to all new MaxInfinity subscribers.Some forumers by luck managed to get their Huawei RG 256 replaced after mutiple feedback to CSO.Perhaps u can try calling Starhub to make 'noise' or wait till the demand for D_Link has been subsided. :)
 

etherealism

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I tried the recommendations and still dosen't work.

On the HW, I still notice that .2 is being assigned to a --- not sure what equipment it is.

Actually, the starhub speed is not bad (I'm talking about straight cable connection to the HW router). I was getting speeds of 2.6 - 3.8MB/s downloads for my starwars TOR client download. That's amazing compared to my cable modem.

If only they can have a better router than HW RG 256s..... That spoils the entire experience.

anyway you did not follow 100% as per post 1 :p

your DIR655 should be configured as such
WAN IP: 192.168.1.2
LAN IP Range: 192.168.0.1

also, keep your dhcp on if you're following post 1.
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
Hey guys, I tried the recommendations and still dosen't work.

On the HW, I still notice that .2 is being assigned to a --- not sure what equipment it is.

Actually, the starhub speed is not bad (I'm talking about straight cable connection to the HW router). I was getting speeds of 2.6 - 3.8MB/s downloads for my starwars TOR client download. That's amazing compared to my cable modem.

If only they can have a better router than HW RG 256s..... That spoils the entire experience.

I;m sorry I didn't read post#1 fully before replying you.
Based on the info. you given, I assumed you're connecting a normal cable from the LAN port of the HG256s to the LAN port of DIR655. Hence all IP addresses will be issued by HG256s, and you've to disable DHCP service on DIR655. Also 192.168.1.2 was used by DIR655, so the Starting IP should be 192.168.1.3.

If you're following post#1 exactly, ie connecting a a normal cable from the LAN port of the HG256s to the WAN port of DIR655, pls follow etherealism's advice.
 

reframe

Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
303
Reaction score
0
Starhub is currently making D-Link DVG-N5402SP available to all new MaxInfinity subscribers.Some forumers by luck managed to get their Huawei RG 256 replaced after mutiple feedback to CSO.Perhaps u can try calling Starhub to make 'noise' or wait till the demand for D_Link has been subsided. :)

I spoke with Starhub sales (1630) 2 days ago. They insist that only Maxinfinity ultimate and above gets the D-Link. Hopefully, they have change their stance.
 

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
38,896
Reaction score
251
I spoke with Starhub sales (1630) 2 days ago. They insist that only Maxinfinity ultimate and above gets the D-Link. Hopefully, they have change their stance.

The policy has always been to give it to 100Mbps and above subscriber.
Besides, take the huawei lor, I dunno whats with ppl all rushing for the dlink set.
 

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
38,896
Reaction score
251
a comment from someone who doesn't even have it. Joke.

How sure are you?
...

Besides, one dosn't need to own one to tell about it. Its called, using it.

So many ways, go other ppl home can try liao

:s8::s8:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top