StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
I just signed up online. Appt is 13 july. the cso tell me the router is a cisco brand one I was like since when sh use this brand. There's only the dlink provided if i'm not wrong. But i'm a MOL customer, how to retain old number with fibre? She tell me cannot unless I use the current motorola modem. If not have to get new number
 

pilotsnoopy

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
2,374
Reaction score
7
I just signed up online. Appt is 13 july. the cso tell me the router is a cisco brand one I was like since when sh use this brand. There's only the dlink provided if i'm not wrong. But i'm a MOL customer, how to retain old number with fibre? She tell me cannot unless I use the current motorola modem. If not have to get new number

CISCO is their MOL Premium and Ultimate modem/router...

if fibre...HG is either Huawei or Dlink, before you can ask for Dlink HG if you are taking MIF Ultimate and above but Huawei only if you take up MIF Premium, now that no more MIF Premium they have changed to below the line policy of issuing Huawei by default and Dlink only if you are upgrading and paying $139.31 for the HG.

your DVH prob on Nokia platform which is not compatible on the HGs...
 

pilotsnoopy

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
2,374
Reaction score
7
Anybody knows for the fibre broadband/home hubbing pack signup, the d3 copy received is digital or physical? Must go redeem from some shop is it or will SH give it.

will be a box copy where you have to redeem from Funan service hub...dunno the dates
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
CISCO is their MOL Premium and Ultimate modem/router...

if fibre...HG is either Huawei or Dlink, before you can ask for Dlink HG if you are taking MIF Ultimate and above but Huawei only if you take up MIF Premium, now that no more MIF Premium they have changed to below the line policy of issuing Huawei by default and Dlink only if you are upgrading and paying $139.31 for the HG.

your DVH prob on Nokia platform which is not compatible on the HGs...

I'm signing up for the home hubbing pack. About $77/mth. So by default I should get the dlink? I haven't got a new router as I rather test out the default one first. That means for my digital home voice no choice but to get 2nd number?
 

pilotsnoopy

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
2,374
Reaction score
7
I'm signing up for the home hubbing pack. About $77/mth. So by default I should get the dlink? I haven't got a new router as I rather test out the default one first. That means for my digital home voice no choice but to get 2nd number?

not by default...are you a new customer or recon because you are no longer under contract/21st month upgrade?

if you are then they will quietly by default give you Huawei only.

only if say your contract is not up...not 21st month yet and you want to upgrade from MOL to MIF then have to pay for the HG...then you get to choose the HG brand...or laptop promo where the HG is not free and you have to pay..

alternatively...its up to you to question the CSO why I cannot have Dlink HG...? their technical team seem to say Huawei works better for those with Airport Express bridging...but heck i will take the Dlink anytime as the wireless on Huawei seem to really CMI.

yes no choice but to get new number unless you dont mind keeping the modem on.
 

benyap90

Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
It is true that fiber at private house the connection will not be as good as expected?
Even might have to install range booster?
 

benyap90

Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
hahaa..ok..currently on maxonline express..

if i upgrade to the max infinity ulitimate..will my download/torrent speed will be lower or higher or about the same?

and

if i have digital voice and wanna use my Asus nt66u router, i have to connect: Termination Point (TP) -> Optical Network Terminal (ONT) -> Huawei Voice Home Gateway HG256s -> Asus nt66u this way? or not possible?
 
Last edited:

perperdino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
21,841
Reaction score
197
i just changed to starhub fibre plan..
the lag spikes are seriously very bad..i get very horrible ping when playing d3..
when on cable i was 250-300ping.. now after changing to fibre i get ~300 with lag spikes every 1-2mins which goes up to 800-1k ping. :mad:
is there something wrong with the hardware or the isp's problem??
 

DAREN771

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
9,974
Reaction score
0
My sis fiber optic always got problem with Mac Lion OSx. SH tech support says the dlink router is to be blamed as it is unable to connect to the router. Any alternatives besides using the dlink router?
 

S1ry2Y

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
17
i just changed to starhub fibre plan..
the lag spikes are seriously very bad..i get very horrible ping when playing d3..
when on cable i was 250-300ping.. now after changing to fibre i get ~300 with lag spikes every 1-2mins which goes up to 800-1k ping. :mad:
is there something wrong with the hardware or the isp's problem??

It has to do with your wireless connection. I'm on SH fibre too, D3 America shows green, average 250ms, tops 255ms.

My sis fiber optic always got problem with Mac Lion OSx. SH tech support says the dlink router is to be blamed as it is unable to connect to the router. Any alternatives besides using the dlink router?

I disabled wireless mode for SH Dlink router as my connection keeps dropping once in awhile (mac and pc). I am using wireless home plug las i stay in landed property (3 levels). Total my house have 3 wireless home plug, 1 wired home plug which is ethernet to SH Dlink router. wireless N for whole house is solid.

Take note that i cannot achieve full 100mbps local connection as my wireless home plug rated at 200mpbs, but in actual in my house lowest is 90mbps (furthest away) to 150mbps (nearest), factoring in wireless mode it again decreases speeds, but not so significant as its wireless N.

download/upload speed local is about speed test: 30mbps down, 30mbps up respectively wireless N on my macbook pro lion.

... lastly, SH dlink router is a rip off as its already a known issue that it can't hold wireless connection for long. Called them a few times to complain long ago, but after that i gave up.
 

hammee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2001
Messages
10,326
Reaction score
3
Ever since I switch to fiber... i keep having problem with the billing is either they overcharge or never waive
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
... lastly, SH dlink router is a rip off as its already a known issue that it can't hold wireless connection for long. Called them a few times to complain long ago, but after that i gave up.

what talking you? I don't see mine possessing such issue.
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
My sis fiber optic always got problem with Mac Lion OSx. SH tech support says the dlink router is to be blamed as it is unable to connect to the router. Any alternatives besides using the dlink router?

dump the mac. Problematic machine coupled with problematic OS at an expensive price.

no offense.

I don't have a macbook to test out mac connectivity :(
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Ever since I switch to fiber... i keep having problem with the billing is either they overcharge or never waive

good what. Whenever they screwed up, i will always get them to do waiver. LOL

1 call, i save $100.. quite a good bargain :)
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
not by default...are you a new customer or recon because you are no longer under contract/21st month upgrade?

if you are then they will quietly by default give you Huawei only.

only if say your contract is not up...not 21st month yet and you want to upgrade from MOL to MIF then have to pay for the HG...then you get to choose the HG brand...or laptop promo where the HG is not free and you have to pay..

alternatively...its up to you to question the CSO why I cannot have Dlink HG...? their technical team seem to say Huawei works better for those with Airport Express bridging...but heck i will take the Dlink anytime as the wireless on Huawei seem to really CMI.

yes no choice but to get new number unless you dont mind keeping the modem on.

Our MOL contract expire I think long time ago (past 24-month). I'll probably request for the Dlink one in this case but I have to pay additional for the router just to choose? Very hard for my dad and I to be home on the same day since he's the account holder and I'm more tech savvy so I think it'll be better if I'm around during the installation also.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top