StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

pilotsnoopy

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
2,374
Reaction score
7
Our MOL contract expire I think long time ago (past 24-month). I'll probably request for the Dlink one in this case but I have to pay additional for the router just to choose? Very hard for my dad and I to be home on the same day since he's the account holder and I'm more tech savvy so I think it'll be better if I'm around during the installation also.

past 24 months and taking up HHP you dont have to pay for HG...but just ask the CSO and see what he/she says...
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Starhub CSO called me back telling me that they offer only the Huawei and the cable ready Cisco model. I understand for the Huawei, but how can they even offer the cable ready modem for a fibre broadband? I've requested for the Dlink and I'm going to escalate if they don't give it to me.
 

benyap90

Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
if i have digital voice and wanna use my Asus nt66u router, i have to connect: Termination Point (TP) -> Optical Network Terminal (ONT) -> Huawei Voice Home Gateway HG256s -> Asus nt66u this way? or not possible?
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
if i have digital voice and wanna use my Asus nt66u router, i have to connect: Termination Point (TP) -> Optical Network Terminal (ONT) -> Huawei Voice Home Gateway HG256s -> Asus nt66u this way? or not possible?

I think so. But make sure you have enough power points. This is all just for Internet. Still got TV, media player etc. That's why I think I'm just going to take the new number.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
I thought this has been made known...?

for my case I'm able to retain though.

You mean made known from SH to customers? I'd rather take up a new number then to connect another device just for the phone. It'll be slightly inconvenient but over time the number just needs some getting used to.
 

panDaz

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2002
Messages
541
Reaction score
0
Just installed fibre, everything is good, got the dlink router. But my iPad will disconnect by itself from the network from time to time. Anyone experience that too?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Just installed fibre, everything is good, got the dlink router. But my iPad will disconnect by itself from the network from time to time. Anyone experience that too?

apple products problem. saw too many similar problem. Apple is not as good as what it is market upon with many devices having the need to adapt to it instead of them moving forward.

junk aside, your solution hv been provided by me quite some time back (in this thread). read and configure it accordingly and hope it helpz.
 

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
144
apple products problem. saw too many similar problem. Apple is not as good as what it is market upon with many devices having the need to adapt to it instead of them moving forward.

junk aside, your solution hv been provided by me quite some time back (in this thread). read and configure it accordingly and hope it helpz.

i do not think so . my connection from huawei -> time capsule and wireless connected to iMac , iPad and 2 iPhones did not disconnect at all .

It is like always the users buttery fingers or something to do with the user that rather the device itself .
 

goliath48

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Switching from SH cable to SH max infinity

Hi all,

i intend to switch from cable to fibre as my contract recently expired. currently considering their promo offer for maxinfinity ultimate which is $50 for 100mbps. promo said they will provide the wireless home gateway.

qn is whether this gateway provided is the one from Huawei or are there other alternatives? also, the network should support multiple PCs (2), laptops (3) and devices so is the D-link router that SH provides recommended? not tech savvy so idk if SH allows us to use routers bought independently.

TIA for the help!
 

burger

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Messages
8,367
Reaction score
8
Just installed fibre, everything is good, got the dlink router. But my iPad will disconnect by itself from the network from time to time. Anyone experience that too?

Plenty. Changing the d-link router did not help, but no such issues if I run my old d-link router to a cable connection :s22::vijayadmin:
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
i do not think so . my connection from huawei -> time capsule and wireless connected to iMac , iPad and 2 iPhones did not disconnect at all .

It is like always the users buttery fingers or something to do with the user that rather the device itself .

LOL ? :s13::s13::s13:
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

i intend to switch from cable to fibre as my contract recently expired. currently considering their promo offer for maxinfinity ultimate which is $50 for 100mbps. promo said they will provide the wireless home gateway.

qn is whether this gateway provided is the one from Huawei or are there other alternatives? also, the network should support multiple PCs (2), laptops (3) and devices so is the D-link router that SH provides recommended? not tech savvy so idk if SH allows us to use routers bought independently.

TIA for the help!

my advice to you, read the entire thread to understand better and stop expecting others to spoonfeed you when you yourself know that you are lacking
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top