StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
what SH old me too. was seeking alt for the homeline other than by 1. cable, 2. DVG-G5402SP 3. 3rd party firmware. thanks for the correction too..

what is the diff? Ultimately you will still need to power up at least 1 more device. :s22:
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
what is the diff? Ultimately you will still need to power up at least 1 more device. :s22:
not so much on the device now but rather i am having the devices in different area of the house. "center"of house is where the tv and ont is, yet the dlink is appx 2 meter away.. i am trying to consol all device put together as they are now all over the place.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
not so much on the device now but rather i am having the devices in different area of the house. "center"of house is where the tv and ont is, yet the dlink is appx 2 meter away.. i am trying to consol all device put together as they are now all over the place.

i see. for me, i am on ONT > 56U.
 

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
7,711
Reaction score
700
what SH old me too. was seeking alt for the homeline other than by 1. cable, 2. DVG-G5402SP 3. 3rd party firmware. thanks for the correction too..

what i could not understand is that if i purchase a G5402SP it will work with 56u and N5402SP will not.

What is wrong with 3rd party firmware? Even Asus sg mentions they will gladly support an N56U on 3rd party firmware.

Your chances of getting voice to work is highest with the latest padavan firmware in an ONT>N56U>N5402SP config at the moment since the padavan firmware now has full VLAN/PRIO/Tagging capabilities.

Up to you to explore the relevant settings though.
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
What is wrong with 3rd party firmware? Even Asus sg mentions they will gladly support an N56U on 3rd party firmware.

Your chances of getting voice to work is highest with the latest padavan firmware in an ONT>N56U>N5402SP config at the moment since the padavan firmware now has full VLAN/PRIO/Tagging capabilities.

Up to you to explore the relevant settings though.

nothing wrong with 3rd party.. just worried that will brick it. donkey years ago almost brick my wrt54 :) if flash to padavan can we still "unflash" back to original asus firmware? btw is this the right place to get the padavan firmware?
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...rt-n56u_1-0-1-8e-p2-firmware-out-3679819.html
 

HearTs54

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2003
Messages
2,044
Reaction score
0
Sorry peeps need advise here, jus gotten my 100 Mbps fiber, the router is in my living room but my pc is in my room, right now I using dlink USB to connect, when I open my door the speed is like 20, when I close my door it drop to 4 only.

Any advise how to get better connection? Should I call SH?

If I ask to roll cable to my room how much will it charge?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Sorry peeps need advise here, jus gotten my 100 Mbps fiber, the router is in my living room but my pc is in my room, right now I using dlink USB to connect, when I open my door the speed is like 20, when I close my door it drop to 4 only.

Any advise how to get better connection? Should I call SH?

If I ask to roll cable to my room how much will it charge?

you call StarHub also useless wad
 

CoolSilverRider

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
603
Reaction score
0
Sorry peeps need advise here, jus gotten my 100 Mbps fiber, the router is in my living room but my pc is in my room, right now I using dlink USB to connect, when I open my door the speed is like 20, when I close my door it drop to 4 only.

Any advise how to get better connection? Should I call SH?

If I ask to roll cable to my room how much will it charge?

How about HomePlug devices. :s13:
 

Winston7222

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
Sorry peeps need advise here, jus gotten my 100 Mbps fiber, the router is in my living room but my pc is in my room, right now I using dlink USB to connect, when I open my door the speed is like 20, when I close my door it drop to 4 only.

Any advise how to get better connection? Should I call SH?

If I ask to roll cable to my room how much will it charge?

If possible, run cable, else get a good dual channel router so that you can utilized the 5Ghz channel.

My case similar as you, what I did : ONT > Dlink > TPlink(Samknows) > ABES > NAS

Below are the results from my iMac in study room about 6-7M away with a wall blockage from my AEBS

5Ghz wireless channel (SGIX Host) - typically, it's in the range to 70+ to 90+Mbps with door closed



2.4Ghz wireless channel (SGIX Host) - typically, it's in the range to 20+ to 40+Mbps with door closed
 
Last edited:

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
If possible, run cable, else get a good dual channel router so that you can utilized the 5Ghz channel.

My case similar as you, what I did : ONT > Dlink > TPlink(Samknows) > ABES > NAS

Below are the results from my iMac in study room about 6-7M away with a wall blockage from my AEBS

5Ghz wireless channel (SGIX Host) - typically, it's in the range to 70+ to 90+Mbps with door closed



2.4Ghz wireless channel (SGIX Host) - typically, it's in the range to 20+ to 40+Mbps with door closed

Do you access your NAS outside? am i right to say that port forward must be done? i.e dlink 192.168.1.1 / 56u 192.168.2.1 / nas 192.168.2.222. therefore i have to port forward say port 1234 from dlink ip to 56u ip and 56u port forward to nas ip?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Do you access your NAS outside? am i right to say that port forward must be done? i.e dlink 192.168.1.1 / 56u 192.168.2.1 / nas 192.168.2.222. therefore i have to port forward say port 1234 from dlink ip to 56u ip and 56u port forward to nas ip?

yes.
yes.
yes, if not you can always do DMZ on your bridging router to your other router if the NAS is connected at the other router..
 

Winston7222

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
@stilnox : believe Gribber has help answered your question.

@Gribber : Thank you.

@EquinOoX : My BT speed typically around 1.5-2MB/s using Transmission.

Anyway, here's another speedtest of my 5Ghz wireless channel at night.

 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top