StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

sgnoveltygifts

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
As mentioned few postings above, don't let them smoke you. Starhub tech support is notoriously poor. All my devices are wired and i have the intermittent disconnection, so the issue isn't down to your wifi connections. I actually demanded to know what went wrong because the disconnections have been a regular recurrence over the past few weeks. They did told me it has something to do with their firmware updates etc etc.

I guess the worst part is that he even has the audacity to ask you to upgrade your router, this shows how incompetent their tech support staff are.

thanks for the advice! :) sadly after changing to the DNS to google the issue still occurs :(
 

CheeKo

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
I am having problems with SH fibre too.

I have 2 PCs connected to the router.
When 1 of them watches youtube, the other will not be able to play any games.

Starting to wonder if it is because they gave me 1.00mbps instead of 100mbps
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I am having problems with SH fibre too.

I have 2 PCs connected to the router.
When 1 of them watches youtube, the other will not be able to play any games.

Starting to wonder if it is because they gave me 1.00mbps instead of 100mbps

What router?
 

berlo84

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
2,307
Reaction score
15
Orange light from Time Capsule with SH Fibre

May I know any1 encounter this before even after hard reset.

Orange light from Time Capsule with SH Fibre

Just migrated from cable to fibre. tia.
 

melvinchen

Master Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
4,144
Reaction score
35
Orange light from Time Capsule with SH Fibre

May I know any1 encounter this before even after hard reset.

Orange light from Time Capsule with SH Fibre

Just migrated from cable to fibre. tia.

Please check with Starhub and make sure you're on direct ONT and as for the DNS enter 8.8.8.8 and you should be good to go.
 

berlo84

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
2,307
Reaction score
15
Please check with Starhub and make sure you're on direct ONT and as for the DNS enter 8.8.8.8 and you should be good to go.

Yes, confirm with StarHub it is "direct to ONT" mode already.

Yes, how do you know to put 8.8.8.8 to solve the problem??

I already done that and yes, green light after that.

Is that a common issue from SH??
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Yes, confirm with StarHub it is "direct to ONT" mode already.

Yes, how do you know to put 8.8.8.8 to solve the problem??

I already done that and yes, green light after that.

Is that a common issue from SH??

Common, maybe. The router is the problem not really SH.

Though i cant deny SH is at fault also
 

melvinchen

Master Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
4,144
Reaction score
35
Yes, confirm with StarHub it is "direct to ONT" mode already.

Yes, how do you know to put 8.8.8.8 to solve the problem??

I already done that and yes, green light after that.

Is that a common issue from SH??

Starhub and Singtel's DNS is like crap that's why I stopped using ISP DNS in favor of Google's DNS 8.8.8.8
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Using Asus N56U on padawan firmware.

Tried the same using Starhub dlink 865L.

Both had the same issue.

Strange, can it be settings or lemon set? I was using N56U for 2+ years no such issue.

Starhub and Singtel's DNS is like crap that's why I stopped using ISP DNS in favor of Google's DNS 8.8.8.8

previously i too have this DNS issue with their D-Link junk until i switched to ASUS.
 

CheeKo

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Strange, can it be settings or lemon set? I was using N56U for 2+ years no such issue.


Cant really tell what is the settings issue.
So no choice, pulling a direct ethernet cable, solves the problem.

Oh well...
 

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2001
Messages
7,030
Reaction score
5
Anybody know if I change the StarHub hanwei router to asus. Will my speed improve? Currently my room wireless signal full bar
 

melvinchen

Master Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
4,144
Reaction score
35
some ASUS router are way better than the huawei router.

Wifi speed is subject to many factors which may include blockage, interference and channel overlapping.

You may want to try changing the channels on your router and see if there are any improvements.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Wifi speed is subject to many factors which may include blockage, interference and channel overlapping.

You may want to try changing the channels on your router and see if there are any improvements.

think you quote the wrong person.
 

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2000
Messages
5,935
Reaction score
0
I have upgraded my MIF 150 to Homehub 500 last week monday.... From my ONT wired connection, my speed test is max out at 95M...

Starhub CSO asked me to email them the test result which i did on wednesday night which they said will call me back in 24 hours after they check with their network team.

Lol.... 24 hours later, no call from them.. i did a call back and asked for an update.... they told me that their network team wanted a fill screenshoot of the test result and want me to screenshoot all my existing task running in the background on my MBA..... to see if i am running any P2P on my MBA

That blew my top... I told the CSO why would be running P2P on my macbook when i am doing a starhub website speedtest connected to the ONT... No way i am willing to ding dong with speedtest screenshoot via emails with them. I insisted that they send their tech to my place on Tuesday to figure it out.

They have insisted that i am already upgraded on their homehub 500.. i told them that i have been doing speedtest and it is consistent with the results that i had when i was on MIF 150:s11::s11::s11:
 

melvinchen

Master Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
4,144
Reaction score
35
I have upgraded my MIF 150 to Homehub 500 last week monday.... From my ONT wired connection, my speed test is max out at 95M...

Starhub CSO asked me to email them the test result which i did on wednesday night which they said will call me back in 24 hours after they check with their network team.

Lol.... 24 hours later, no call from them.. i did a call back and asked for an update.... they told me that their network team wanted a fill screenshoot of the test result and want me to screenshoot all my existing task running in the background on my MBA..... to see if i am running any P2P on my MBA

That blew my top... I told the CSO why would be running P2P on my macbook when i am doing a starhub website speedtest connected to the ONT... No way i am willing to ding dong with speedtest screenshoot via emails with them. I insisted that they send their tech to my place on Tuesday to figure it out.

They have insisted that i am already upgraded on their homehub 500.. i told them that i have been doing speedtest and it is consistent with the results that i had when i was on MIF 150:s11::s11::s11:


There could be a possibility whereby they have yet to complete the work order at the backend. Although your account details shows that you are on MIF 150.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top