Storage getting full soon ... any suggestion ?

ryan_khoo

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
4,499
Reaction score
309
Hi there,

Currently I am using this:

sohoraid_sr4_feature

4 bay x 3TB each = 12TB but because of backup, I can only use 9TB which at the time I purchased I thought I was never ever going to use up all 9TB

But now I am a bit worried because I have left only about 3.5TB of space left ....

I was hoping there is 6TB harddidk so that I can replace the 4x3TB with 4 x 6TB but there isn't such a thing as a 6TB harddisk

What is the cheapest solution without having to buy another "container" ?

Thanks
 

Rogue

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,379
Reaction score
122
Use archival software and compress stuff that you rarely use.
 

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
18,789
Reaction score
29
Hi there,

Currently I am using this:

sohoraid_sr4_feature

4 bay x 3TB each = 12TB but because of backup, I can only use 9TB which at the time I purchased I thought I was never ever going to use up all 9TB

But now I am a bit worried because I have left only about 3.5TB of space left ....

I was hoping there is 6TB harddidk so that I can replace the 4x3TB with 4 x 6TB but there isn't such a thing as a 6TB harddisk

What is the cheapest solution without having to buy another "container" ?

Thanks

there is :eek:

Breakthrough Opens Door for 60Tb Hard Drives

but price and connection?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top