Hi all,
Would really appreciate a suggested build from the experts on here.
Am looking for an all-around machine:
Work:
I work at home so this machine will be on 24/7. Some days when I am busy I can be on it for over 18 hours out of every 24.
Lot of websurfing (research), lot of Word documents, video transcoding, overseas file transfers (documents, audio and video files), may get into photo editing.
Gaming:
No FPS but strategy games such as Total War and Civ are what I play when I have time.
I guess I am looking for a build that is extremely reliable/stable (gotta make $$$), easy to adjust. No overclocking, all air cooling. Prefer all metal case with room for storage expansion. i5 is probably the target processor but will go i7 if necessary.
Am going to order in ViewQwest Fiber so prefer this build to have Intel GbE LAN (Wifi is good too).
Have BNIB Win 7 Premium (but can go Win 8 if necessary), 24" monitor and so on.
Budget should be around $1500-$2000 but since this is for work it will be written off.
Thanks for taking the time to read through all of the above rambling.
Would really appreciate a suggested build from the experts on here.
Am looking for an all-around machine:
Work:
I work at home so this machine will be on 24/7. Some days when I am busy I can be on it for over 18 hours out of every 24.
Lot of websurfing (research), lot of Word documents, video transcoding, overseas file transfers (documents, audio and video files), may get into photo editing.
Gaming:
No FPS but strategy games such as Total War and Civ are what I play when I have time.
I guess I am looking for a build that is extremely reliable/stable (gotta make $$$), easy to adjust. No overclocking, all air cooling. Prefer all metal case with room for storage expansion. i5 is probably the target processor but will go i7 if necessary.
Am going to order in ViewQwest Fiber so prefer this build to have Intel GbE LAN (Wifi is good too).
Have BNIB Win 7 Premium (but can go Win 8 if necessary), 24" monitor and so on.
Budget should be around $1500-$2000 but since this is for work it will be written off.
Thanks for taking the time to read through all of the above rambling.


