suka suka lock thread

overman

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2015
Messages
8,430
Reaction score
497
That derailed beyond clarifications. That's why it was locked and not trashed. It would still be used for any investigations required. It's easy to say high handed when you are not the target.

In any case, we will leave it to the admins to further investigate the accusations in that thread.
Derailed?

What i saw reading were people accusing and people defending. There were a myriad of opinions. I think this is known as a discussion.

Also with regards to the comment, i think that is valid. If the mod did not practise what is preached then in some circles this is known as hypocrisy.

Sent from the little red dot using GAGT
 

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
29,816
Reaction score
237
the screenshot was in april, way before he become a mod.

want expose at least check the date before anyhow post.
 

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
18,532
Reaction score
30
Derailed?

What i saw reading were people accusing and people defending. There were a myriad of opinions. I think this is known as a discussion.

Also with regards to the comment, i think that is valid. If the mod did not practise what is preached then in some circles this is known as hypocrisy.

Sent from the little red dot using GAGT

As I said, it would be used for investigations.
 

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
36,370
Reaction score
2,946
If that was reported and in EDMW, of course I would have to take action right? But was it?

In any case, the admins will investigate and take action if they feel necessary.

I report it now can?

But I'm on mobile don't hav report button
 

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
36,370
Reaction score
2,946
And lyreforce ur last comment before locking e thread isn't appreciated.

Not everyone is bearing grudges or finding convenient targets. In fact, Im one of those curious ones who are shocked to see e thread locked and more so at ur unfounded comment.

Mods aren't gods, pls get that clear.
 

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
18,532
Reaction score
30
And lyreforce ur last comment before locking e thread isn't appreciated.

Not everyone is bearing grudges or finding convenient targets. In fact, Im one of those curious ones who are shocked to see e thread locked and more so at ur unfounded comment.

Mods aren't gods, pls get that clear.

Actually, if that comment was uncalled for, I apologise. But it does show people seem to keep grudges when highlighting something that was many months ago and we have seen evidence of it. It wasn't the first time either.

Still I apologise for the tone of it but it will still remain locked.
 

cute_togepi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
21,944
Reaction score
4,759
simi screenshot :vijayadmin:
R0KTwHY.png


I hope I don't get ban because I post this pic, also hope that I don't cause this thread to be closed. Just hope mods are not biased to the extent that they just shut threads that are against errant mods.
 

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
18,532
Reaction score
30
I don't think there is a need. Someone already said this was before he became a mod.

Wouldn't it have served a better purpose if that came out during the discussion?

Too bad you locked the thread

Sent from the little red dot using GAGT

If you had been the subject of the discussion, you would have want it locked too. But you aren't so you don't know the feeling.

Nevertheless, the thread was reported (and not by Ottoke) and we felt that it was going overboard.

You may disagree with the decision, but I felt the decision was right.

I will leave it the matter to the admins.
 

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
36,370
Reaction score
2,946
Actually, if that comment was uncalled for, I apologise. But it does show people seem to keep grudges when highlighting something that was many months ago and we have seen evidence of it. It wasn't the first time either.

Still I apologise for the tone of it but it will still remain locked.

Thank you.

Then pls revisit screenshot on ottoke too. I'm certainly not e one bearing grudges as I didn't even notice it's sometime back and I thought it's recent, hence my shock that e thread was locked n at ur subsequent comment. If mod stance is that since it's months ago then it should be held against him, then so be it.

Another issue though, tiagong he's banned before, so how come he can be mod when another top-runnjng candidate was rejected cos of active infraction ?
 
Last edited:

overman

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2015
Messages
8,430
Reaction score
497
If you had been the subject of the discussion, you would have want it locked too. But you aren't so you don't know the feeling.

Nevertheless, the thread was reported (and not by Ottoke) and we felt that it was going overboard.

You may disagree with the decision, but I felt the decision was right.

I will leave it the matter to the admins.
So can i take it to mean that all discussions about edmw members are also to be banned?

Since everyone who is the subject would want it locked?

And extending that - any mention about any edmw member in any thread is also to be banned since no one likes being discussed?

You mentioned we. Who is we?

Sent from the little red dot using GAGT
 
Last edited:

overman

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2015
Messages
8,430
Reaction score
497
sagu thinks the locked thread should have been dealt with earlier and had overstayed its active run in edmw

it was started by a quitter member with malicious intention to target and discredit a certain mod, discredit the mod selection and ultimately create a false impression that edmw is sub-par managed on a path to its demise

what you described as a discussion sagu saw it as a circus of mudslinging consisting of members who are upset, some who are innocent and many others who are quitters that bore grudges and conceal an ulterior motive to cause as much turmoils and collateral damage as possible to edmw

sagu think that the admins/mods should pay additional attention to any thread that is dedicated to any member as those thread discussions that focus on a particular member do and will attract posts and comments of sorts that can constitute personal harrassment to the individual

#sagupoints :vijayadmin:
By naming this group quitters you have lost all credibility to name anything mudslinging.

Sent from the little red dot using GAGT
 

cute_togepi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
21,944
Reaction score
4,759
sagu thinks the locked thread should have been dealt with earlier and had overstayed its active run in edmw

it was started by a quitter member with malicious intention to target and discredit a certain mod, discredit the mod selection and ultimately create a false impression that edmw is sub-par managed on a path to its demise

what you described as a discussion sagu saw it as a circus of mudslinging consisting of members who are upset, some who are innocent and many others who are quitters that bore grudges and conceal an ulterior motive to cause as much turmoils and collateral damage as possible to edmw

sagu think that the admins/mods should pay additional attention to any thread that is dedicated to any member as those thread discussions that focus on a particular member do and will attract posts and comments of sorts that can constitute personal harrassment to the individual

#sagupoints :vijayadmin:

Tldr but I think you should just keep your comments to yourself. If the world didn't had people who spoke up, we would probably still be slaves or maybe in the stone age.
 

overman

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2015
Messages
8,430
Reaction score
497
sagu did not name what you post, read sagu's post carefully about the 3 different groups mentioned in bold :

"sagu saw it as a circus of mudslinging consisting of members who are upset, some who are innocent and many others who are quitters that bore grudges and conceal an ulterior motive to cause as much turmoils and collateral damage as possible to edmw"

#sagupoint :vijayadmin:
"many others who are quitters"

Really?

Sent from the little red dot using GAGT
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
So can i take it to mean that all discussions about edmw members are also to be banned?
No.

Since everyone who is the subject would want it locked?
Not that I know of but if serious cases are reported and a member is abused, it will be locked. Some members don't mind the attention or have friendly banter going on in those threads.

And extending that - any mention about any edmw member in any thread is also to be banned since no one likes being discussed?
If the member reports it and we find the case has grounds for lock, we will.

You mentioned we. Who is we?
The mods?
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Thank you.

Then pls revisit screenshot on ottoke too. I'm certainly not e one bearing grudges as I didn't even notice it's sometime back and I thought it's recent, hence my shock that e thread was locked n at ur subsequent comment. If mod stance is that since it's months ago then it should be held against him, then so be it.

Another issue though, tiagong he's banned before, so how come he can be mod when another top-runnjng candidate was rejected cos of active infraction ?

Tiagong is not the whole truth. I do not know the whole story either, what I can tell you is there are privacy issues.
I do agree we should clear this up for the members so they won't question ottoke again at least on this issue.

The number of rumours flying around claiming this and that about him is getting ridiculous though.
 

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
80,424
Reaction score
6,599
Actually, if that comment was uncalled for, I apologise. But it does show people seem to keep grudges when highlighting something that was many months ago and we have seen evidence of it. It wasn't the first time either.

Still I apologise for the tone of it but it will still remain locked.

if u wan talk about me, just say it. dun need go one big round. i think u are not being rational.

and im not so free to do all this. just nice that thread with that post was bumped earlier today and i happened to see it.u think i so free go dig all this?

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...on-go-topless-movie-regression-5020880-2.html
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top