
Immaturity of who? The users or "they whose names or titles cannot be said"?This thread will be locked for immaturity... Maybe?
Immaturity of who? The users or "they whose names or titles cannot be said"?
sagu think there are a good number of them active in that 41-page thread
#sagupoint![]()
No.
Not that I know of but if serious cases are reported and a member is abused, it will be locked. Some members don't mind the attention or have friendly banter going on in those threads.
If the member reports it and we find the case has grounds for lock, we will.
The mods?
Beepok said:ottoke is the reason for edmw's death
Beepok said:Let's take a moment to appreciate this person!
Beepok said:u should have been mod.
Beepok said:diam la u
Beepok said:thats the edmw spirit. Quite certain now if someone try to pull off a saga like foodpanda or reireiangeline, immediately perm ban and lock thread. so u tell me, is this still edmw?
Beepok said:i will put it in first page
Beepok said:Countdown for me
Beepok said:22 pages and 0 response from mod. Is it weird?
Really?
I have been reading this thread since it was created.
Since i had some time, i went through the whole thread again.
What i found maybe contentious - out of 41 pages - One post insulting Ottoke. One post talking about his ego. One post saying Ottoke has thick skin. One post tiagong he was handpicked by mods.
There was a more serious accusation regarding sensible but most people questioned the accuser than anything.
Petpet was also in the thread around pg 36-38/41.
Now could the mod now confirm which posts were the ones that made you think that Ottoke was being abused? The overwhelming majority of the posts were very very benign. At least to me.
Ottoke's comment came around post 596. Prior to that to me in at least 4/596 posts maybe you could have a case. Of which, maybe only the insult is the clear case.
This is a contentious thread meriting censorship?
Also since the Ottoke's comment came out and the mod locked the thread, there was a clarification that Ottoke said it when he was not a mod. But the thread was censored before Ottoke could be absolved.
Do you not see the problem here?
I also would like the mod to clarify his outburst.
This is getting ridiculous. Some of you are finding convenient targets, aren't you? Just because you hold a grudge? This forum isn't dead and it's not going to be. This situation is the result of a sum of actions, not him alone.
Actions from many people, including people like TS himself. In his previous incarnation, he has pissed off many, and I mean, many people, enough to get infractions for his inflammatory comments.
Beepok's thread title was sarcastic. Now you accuse him of being inflammatory here. Lets see what he posted.
1st post to start the thread he quoted 2 people. Hardly inflammatory.
That's it. What is inflammatory here?
This stops here and members like TS needs to stop pushing the envelope far too often. Don't mistake leniency for weakness.
Thread locked because TS lacks any maturity whatsoever.
This sounds more like a personal attack than anything else.
You replied earlier this thread was locked after mods decided to. Now could the thought process the mods went through be made clear?
Because as far as i see, this is an over-reaction by a mod who saw the last few posts, saw the title and assumed everything else.
I am very willing to be proven wrong.
Really?
I have been reading this thread since it was created.
Since i had some time, i went through the whole thread again.
What i found maybe contentious - out of 41 pages - One post insulting Ottoke. One post talking about his ego. One post saying Ottoke has thick skin. One post tiagong he was handpicked by mods.
There was a more serious accusation regarding sensible but most people questioned the accuser than anything.
Petpet was also in the thread around pg 36-38/41.
Now could the mod now confirm which posts were the ones that made you think that Ottoke was being abused? The overwhelming majority of the posts were very very benign. At least to me.
Ottoke's comment came around post 596. Prior to that to me in at least 4/596 posts maybe you could have a case. Of which, maybe only the insult is the clear case.
This is a contentious thread meriting censorship?
Also since the Ottoke's comment came out and the mod locked the thread, there was a clarification that Ottoke said it when he was not a mod. But the thread was censored before Ottoke could be absolved.
Do you not see the problem here?
I also would like the mod to clarify his outburst.
This is getting ridiculous. Some of you are finding convenient targets, aren't you? Just because you hold a grudge? This forum isn't dead and it's not going to be. This situation is the result of a sum of actions, not him alone.
Actions from many people, including people like TS himself. In his previous incarnation, he has pissed off many, and I mean, many people, enough to get infractions for his inflammatory comments.
Beepok's thread title was sarcastic. Now you accuse him of being inflammatory here. Lets see what he posted.
1st post to start the thread he quoted 2 people. Hardly inflammatory
That's it. What is inflammatory here?
This stops here and members like TS needs to stop pushing the envelope far too often. Don't mistake leniency for weakness.
Thread locked because TS lacks any maturity whatsoever.
This sounds more like a personal attack than anything else.
You replied earlier this thread was locked after mods decided to. Now could the thought process the mods went through be made clear?
Because as far as i see, this is an over-reaction by a mod who saw the last few posts, saw the title and assumed everything else.
I am very willing to be proven wrong.

Wow am I late to witness someone harakiri??![]()
the screenshot was in april, way before he become a mod.
want expose at least check the date before anyhow post.
Really?
I have been reading this thread since it was created.
Since i had some time, i went through the whole thread again.
What i found maybe contentious - out of 41 pages - One post insulting Ottoke. One post talking about his ego. One post saying Ottoke has thick skin. One post tiagong he was handpicked by mods.
There was a more serious accusation regarding sensible but most people questioned the accuser than anything.
Petpet was also in the thread around pg 36-38/41.
Now could the mod now confirm which posts were the ones that made you think that Ottoke was being abused? The overwhelming majority of the posts were very very benign. At least to me.
Ottoke's comment came around post 596. Prior to that to me in at least 4/596 posts maybe you could have a case. Of which, maybe only the insult is the clear case.
This is a contentious thread meriting censorship?
Also since the Ottoke's comment came out and the mod locked the thread, there was a clarification that Ottoke said it when he was not a mod. But the thread was censored before Ottoke could be absolved.
Do you not see the problem here?
I also would like the mod to clarify his outburst.
This is getting ridiculous. Some of you are finding convenient targets, aren't you? Just because you hold a grudge? This forum isn't dead and it's not going to be. This situation is the result of a sum of actions, not him alone.
Actions from many people, including people like TS himself. In his previous incarnation, he has pissed off many, and I mean, many people, enough to get infractions for his inflammatory comments.
Beepok's thread title was sarcastic. Now you accuse him of being inflammatory here. Lets see what he posted.
1st post to start the thread he quoted 2 people. Hardly inflammatory.
That's it. What is inflammatory here?
This stops here and members like TS needs to stop pushing the envelope far too often. Don't mistake leniency for weakness.
Thread locked because TS lacks any maturity whatsoever.
This sounds more like a personal attack than anything else.
You replied earlier this thread was locked after mods decided to. Now could the thought process the mods went through be made clear?
Because as far as i see, this is an over-reaction by a mod who saw the last few posts, saw the title and assumed everything else.
I am very willing to be proven wrong.
Like I have said earlier:
Wah, so after becoming mod... Anything u posted before as member not counted as derogatory?
All forgiven!!! So powerful...
Don't care if mod or not... Is that a derogatory post?
Really?
I have been reading this thread since it was created.
Since i had some time, i went through the whole thread again.
What i found maybe contentious - out of 41 pages - One post insulting Ottoke. One post talking about his ego. One post saying Ottoke has thick skin. One post tiagong he was handpicked by mods.
....
Wah, so after becoming mod... Anything u posted before as member not counted as derogatory?
All forgiven!!! So powerful...
Don't care if mod or not... Is that a derogatory post?
At that point in time everyone thought that was the norm.
Only recently has it been made clear.
So if he had said that after it was made clear you would have a case.
But he said that way way before. And also then he was just an ordinary member.
So no case.
I would like to reply you but my router is down. I'm typing this from a very uncomfortable position near my modem.
I would like to reply you after I have gone through those 41 pages too...
I have read through part of your reply and regarding censorship, as I understand from your reply the thread is locked?
Not deleted/removed which means members can still read it, it's not censored?
More often than not, a thread that is locked is due to the thread going downhill(becoming a quarrel, witch-hunt etc thread) and thus mod tries to stop it from getting worse. From what I read of your reply, that doesn't appear to be the case?
What I do understand too is that some member has reported the thread and the mod might have other concerns regarding the thread. I would find the time to read through and see if I can understand the reason behind the locking of the thread.
On another note, I agree with TrollAndOgres, all the users want is
'explain their thought process sometimes on why certain things are banned n locked while some others are let go, and to see if it's reasonable.'
The issue with that is the number of things a mod has to go through in EDMW. Explaining every one of them is quite time-consuming given some user would demand a detailed reply as is the case here.
Hope that members can understand mods are volunteers and thus can't spend all their time explaining everything. That's why we are getting more mods. The number of active mod is really very small.
I think locking/deleting of thread should always be the last thing on the mods mind esp if they do not have the time to fully understand what has happened. The reason for deleting/locking of thread has to be strong enough satisfy the community.
By just telling us that some members have reported without quoting name sis not good enough imho. if you wants to report a thread, I think you need to take up some responsibilty, not be afraid to put your name forward and admit that you have reported this thread as offensive.
There is a difference between locking and deleting of threads.
Locking of threads can be done for reviewing or stopping certain issues.
I'm not sure if the mod involved has read through all the pages.
On your second point, putting members' identity out would stop some from reporting cases and would build animosity between other members. As it is, mods are taking the bulk of the blame for cases whether fairly or unfairly. We do not wish to have a community that fight among themselves due to reports made.
If you, a member of this forum, is seriously concern that this thread is offensive and you feel that you, as a member of this forum, wants to do the right thing, wants to exercise the right to report this thread, you should take up the responsibilty and allow your name to be seen as the person who reported it. Moderators can now also quote number of users or who has reported this offensive instead of using "some members".
Thread reporting will also be less likely to be abused, not saying that it is now. Some accountability for this would be good
The forum isn't more peaceful with the reporters name hidden.
I would like to reply you but my router is down. I'm typing this from a very uncomfortable position near my modem.
I would like to reply you after I have gone through those 41 pages too...
I have read through part of your reply and regarding censorship, as I understand from your reply the thread is locked?
Not deleted/removed which means members can still read it, it's not censored?
More often than not, a thread that is locked is due to the thread going downhill(becoming a quarrel, witch-hunt etc thread) and thus mod tries to stop it from getting worse. From what I read of your reply, that doesn't appear to be the case?
What I do understand too is that some member has reported the thread and the mod might have other concerns regarding the thread. I would find the time to read through and see if I can understand the reason behind the locking of the thread.
On another note, I agree with TrollAndOgres, all the users want is
'explain their thought process sometimes on why certain things are banned n locked while some others are let go, and to see if it's reasonable.'
The issue with that is the number of things a mod has to go through in EDMW. Explaining every one of them is quite time-consuming given some user would demand a detailed reply as is the case here.
Hope that members can understand mods are volunteers and thus can't spend all their time explaining everything. That's why we are getting more mods. The number of active mod is really very small.