suka suka lock thread

roburn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,119
Reaction score
455
I would like to reply you but my router is down. I'm typing this from a very uncomfortable position near my modem.

I would like to reply you after I have gone through those 41 pages too...
I have read through part of your reply and regarding censorship, as I understand from your reply the thread is locked?
Not deleted/removed which means members can still read it, it's not censored?

More often than not, a thread that is locked is due to the thread going downhill(becoming a quarrel, witch-hunt etc thread) and thus mod tries to stop it from getting worse. From what I read of your reply, that doesn't appear to be the case?

What I do understand too is that some member has reported the thread and the mod might have other concerns regarding the thread. I would find the time to read through and see if I can understand the reason behind the locking of the thread.

On another note, I agree with TrollAndOgres, all the users want is
'explain their thought process sometimes on why certain things are banned n locked while some others are let go, and to see if it's reasonable.'

The issue with that is the number of things a mod has to go through in EDMW. Explaining every one of them is quite time-consuming given some user would demand a detailed reply as is the case here.

Hope that members can understand mods are volunteers and thus can't spend all their time explaining everything. That's why we are getting more mods. The number of active mod is really very small.

Dude. I think you are not the right person to respond (and your response is hardly one anyway...)

Can the other mod who posted in this thread please reply.

I am very interested in this 'saga' (for lack of a better word)
 

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
20,944
Reaction score
13,788
There is a difference between locking and deleting of threads.
Locking of threads can be done for reviewing or stopping certain issues.
I'm not sure if the mod involved has read through all the pages.

On your second point, putting members' identity out would stop some from reporting cases and would build animosity between other members. As it is, mods are taking the bulk of the blame for cases whether fairly or unfairly. We do not wish to have a community that fight among themselves due to reports made.

Can you then clarify why threads are deleted?

I had one deleted a couple of days ago. There was no sex and no swearing.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Unfortunately not because it was deleted. :s11:

It should be available in your own user panel
try clicking My PM at the top
look to the right, under this
'Find all posts by parchiao'

Then copy the link or at least the title of the thread.
 

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
20,944
Reaction score
13,788
It should be available in your own user panel
try clicking My PM at the top
look to the right, under this
'Find all posts by parchiao'

Then copy the link or at least the title of the thread.

Nope, absolutely not there. I can only say it had something to do with my disagreement over how EDMW has been handled. Contents wise was very mild with no sex, pictures, links or profanities.

When I read this post and others alike, what most of us are saying is that there is something going on and it is meant to restrict in ways that could only be from top down. Somewhere right from the very top. I have been lurking in this forum for more than 10 years so I can tell when something different happens.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Nope, absolutely not there. I can only say it had something to do with my disagreement over how EDMW has been handled. Contents wise was very mild with no sex, pictures, links or profanities.

When I read this post and others alike, what most of us are saying is that there is something going on and it is meant to restrict in ways that could only be from top down. Somewhere right from the very top. I have been lurking in this forum for more than 10 years so I can tell when something different happens.

Didn't know things can disappear from inbox. Will ask admin about this when admin is free.
I believe you have some messages in your inbox, perhaps you can pm the mod to help since we need more details to find that thread.
 
Last edited:

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
10,681
Reaction score
1,387
Dude. I think you are not the right person to respond (and your response is hardly one anyway...)

Can the other mod who posted in this thread please reply.

I am very interested in this 'saga' (for lack of a better word)

I am also curious how this matter will be settled (hopefully it'll have proper closure) .
This will set precedent for similar cases.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top