Terrible customer service

Iliyasa

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am writing to express my disappointment with my experience with Samsung thus far. I think I have been very understanding and rational as a customer.
In 2015, I decided to change from iPhone to Samsung mobile, and purchased the Galaxy S6. To protect the phone, I purchased the original Samsung Clear Case. In total, I spent about SGD$1080.
I noticed scratches on my screen only a week later and suspected that the Clear Case was the cause, judging from the characteristics of the scratches (appeared to be as though a sandpaper was rubbed on the screen).
When I read the response stating that screen damage was not covered by warranty, I felt somewhat disappointed, but did not press the matter, because I could not prove that the Clear Case caused the damage, and the phone did function normally after all. I threw the case away soon after more scratches appeared.
On 13/03/2016, I decided to purchase the new Galaxy S7 for $600 (contracted), mainly because of the advertised water resistance and I was annoyed with the damage to my S6 screen.
I steered away from the S7 Clear Case. It was only when I was looking for a case for my new S7 that I learned that Samsung was in fact replacing S6 damaged by the clear case. Samsung knew that the Clear Case caused damage to the phone! Naturally I was very annoyed and felt cheated. I do not know why I was not contacted to get my phone replaced, even after I lodged an inquiry.
Only 10 days after I purchased the S7, I am experiencing SIM card problems. I have sent the phone in for repairs at West Gate. The staff informed me that water damage is detected. A lot of internal components had to be replaced, according to the report. But this does not address the problem with the water resistance of my set. There is no way for the customer to know if the product is fault free or not.
Now, I am very careful with my phones. My brand new S7 has never been submerged in water. I do use it with wet hands, I clean it with a wet cloth and remove my phone case to wipe it with a dry cloth after. This does not even come close to the kind of physical rigours that it is rated for.
I hope you understand that this is extremely inconvenient for me. The S7 I was sold is obviously a faulty product. Samsung has waived my repairs but I did not pay for a repaired product. I do not expect nor do I want any form of monetary compensation or voucher. I only request I get exactly what I paid for: a new and working Galaxy S7.
As of now, I am the proud owner of a scratched up S6 and a faulty S7 (the Clear Case I threw away in frustration). I have spent over $2000 on 3 of your products.
This experience with the S6 and S7 has been very disappointing and inconvenient to me. I understand that defects happens every now and then, but I have given Samsung ample opportunity to do right by their customer.
As of now, Samsung refuses to exchange a faulty product and does not even provide an adequate response to my request. "We have reviewed your appeal with careful consideration and are sorry to inform you that we are unable to accede to your exchange request". Unacceptable.
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
If you buy again the 3rd time and still get into trouble. May be provlem is with the owner and not the brand?

Many brand do not has policy od exchange to new. May be at most like iPhone, exchange to ref
cond set. Suggest if problem is persistent, make use of Lemon law vs posting here.
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
so far I had good customer service with Samsung leh..
who ask u buy clear case.
the case don't even protect the sides.

that's I avoid those case
 

kityip

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
515
Reaction score
0
Is the water resistant of S7, so poor? Saw my friend used it in swimming pool. I still consider to switch from iPhone to S7 Edge..
 

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
13,510
Reaction score
24
He did mentioned "wet hands". I do not remotely see how there could be an occurence of water damage just from that. I have seen and encountered numerous phone advertised for sales as pristine or mint condition but upon closer inspection, scratches are everywhere. Some ppl just rough up their phones and are meant to use bricks instead.
 

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Messages
8,735
Reaction score
748
I sent back my Samsung phone for warranty claim and they refused to repair and asked $156 for the replacement of logic board. I refused and took it back.

I got the phone working after keeping it in a dehumidifier. However, the phone module could not work. That is better than what Samsung made it out to be. I can still use it a camera & reader.

I opened up the casing and noticed that the back plate is only attached to the case using double-sided tape. This is an extremely bad design. Water could have gotten in easily.

What is not fine is that they did not screw in three screws.
 

earthtk

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
4
I won't be surprised if next iteration they remove the waterproof feature altogether Haha.. I brought mine to swimming pool, water playground, use it in the rain, wash it in the sink etc etc.. No issue so far.

But from what I know, dropping can affect the waterproofing of the phone. My Sony z2 dropped a few times then I brought it to the pool and water went in.
 
Last edited:

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
I sent back my Samsung phone for warranty claim and they refused to repair and asked $156 for the replacement of logic board. I refused and took it back.

I got the phone working after keeping it in a dehumidifier. However, the phone module could not work. That is better than what Samsung made it out to be. I can still use it a camera & reader.

I opened up the casing and noticed that the back plate is only attached to the case using double-sided tape. This is an extremely bad design. Water could have gotten in easily.

What is not fine is that they did not screw in three screws.

wa, got so bad until like that or not.. haha lucky my phone rarely spoil
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,006
Reaction score
1,727
0Cc0d2R.gif


Paragraph it next time.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top