TGP Telecoms ~ Using data through 4G LTE dongle - How?

ThinkPC

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,
I just got a TGP line but unfortunately I can't seem to make call on my iPhone 6. So I decided to use the data via a 4G LTE dongle.

I bought an unlocked 4G dongle from Shopee and it arrived last evening....but I can't make the dongle recognise the TGP SIM.....have been trying for a few hours already:s11:

After reading the thread here where some bros say to put name as TGP and APN as TGP, it still doesn't want to dial to the TGP network.

Would appreciate if the gurus and bros here can assist me on what are the setting I should use. Please see the screen shots below for ref.

Thank you very much.:)



The below is a photo of the 4G LTE dongle which I bought. It's a unlocked dongle.

IMG_4965


The below is the setting I used for the dongle but when I press the connect button, the dongle won't connect to TGP.

dongel settings-03A


The below is a sample for the connect settings for M1 from the dongle ( fro ref only).

dongel settings
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
First thing, it is TPG not TGP assuming we are looking at the same telco in SG. So rename your apn.

And does the dongle u have support TPG bands 8 and 40?
 

ThinkPC

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
First thing, it is TPG not TGP assuming we are looking at the same telco in SG. So rename your apn.

And does the dongle u have support TPG bands 8 and 40?

Hi jtec14,

LOL....my bad...this is what you get when you troubleshoot past into 1am...:s13:

Thanks for pointing it out.
Anyway I changed to TPG in the dongle setting and still no connection.

As for the band, I'm not so sure. I have taken a screenshot of the specs (pls see below). Is the band mentioned here?

Also to make sure the dongle wasn't faulty, I tried with my Zero1 telco sim and it connects easily and getting good internet connection.

Dongle specs:

Dongle specs


Tried with Zero1 sim and the dongle is working fine.

 

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
Nope. Think TPG use B8 and B40.

Hi jtec14,

LOL....my bad...this is what you get when you troubleshoot past into 1am...:s13:

Thanks for pointing it out.
Anyway I changed to TPG in the dongle setting and still no connection.

As for the band, I'm not so sure. I have taken a screenshot of the specs (pls see below). Is the band mentioned here?

Also to make sure the dongle wasn't faulty, I tried with my Zero1 telco sim and it connects easily and getting good internet connection.

Dongle specs:

Dongle specs


Tried with Zero1 sim and the dongle is working fine.

 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
OH dear. That doesn’t sound good. Guess I’ll have to return the dongle. :-(

I'm not sure if it's valid for return seeing that the product works as intended. Better hope the seller is flexible.
 

ThinkPC

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
I'm not sure if it's valid for return seeing that the product works as intended. Better hope the seller is flexible.

You have a point there too. Anyway it's only $19plus...wallet not hurt badly.
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
Don’t bother using dongle or lte router for tpg SIM card, it’s throttled

Only is usable if u put the sim in Hp
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top