The Contact Lenses Thread

___jeff

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys i have a problem

currently my gf is trying out on monthly basis contact lenses. she took a pair out from the packaging and stored it in the container with solution for a week.

she just tried it on and experience sereve pain on her eyes.

is the problem with the solution or newbies are meant to experience such pain in the first time try out from solution?

warhunter

Reaction score
guys i have a problem

currently my gf is trying out on monthly basis contact lenses. she took a pair out from the packaging and stored it in the container with solution for a week.

she just tried it on and experience sereve pain on her eyes.

is the problem with the solution or newbies are meant to experience such pain in the first time try out from solution?

Wad solution is she using? If its aosept or oxysept, make sure the solution is fully neutralized and lenses rinsed with saline before wearing it on the eye. These solutions are hydrogen peroxide based and very acidic. Make sure lenses are disinfected after 3-4 days of leaving in the container. Even without wearing

___jeff

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to disintect the lenses ?

what she has got is just a multi purpose solution and the contact lenses. no saline solution or disinfection thng.

warhunter

Reaction score
how to disintect the lenses ?

what she has got is just a multi purpose solution and the contact lenses. no saline solution or disinfection thng.

Solution. Wad brand? I also know solution. Disinfect is equal to soaking in the multipurpose solution. Didn't ur optom teach all these?

___jeff

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
solocare aqua.

she didnt taught much to my gf. only wash your hands before putting it on

warhunter

Reaction score
solocare aqua.

she didnt taught much to my gf. only wash your hands before putting it on

I guess she didn't even check the lens fitting before dispensing the contact lenses am I right? Some kind of optometrist is that.

So she's not using those hydrogen peroxide based system. So it should be alright. Some people tend to be easily irritated by the solutions. Try rinsing the lenses with saline before inserting into the eye. Also remember to rub and rise the lenses beforee soaking after wearing. After 3-4 days of storing (even without weqring)in solution clean and disinfect lenses before wearing.

Are her eyes still red and painful now? Get her to check at the optometrist if so. Ask the optometrist to do a fitting. The lens maybe too loose fitting and may cause discomfort or even pain. Depends on individual threshold of pain.

Always remember. DO NOT BUY LENSES OFF THE SHELF. They are medical devices. Your optometrist need to make sure your eyes are healthy and lenses are fitting well before dispensing them to u.

Reaction score
Young people nowadays don't know how to listen. Solutions are also supposed to be recommended by optometrists. Not here ONLINE. Some solutions may be overly absorbed into the lens and released when the wearer places the lens on the eye.

hey bro, i merely told him which solution i switched to because he asked. i was sharing my experience as i had the same "feelin" he had. i switched the brand of the solution with the advice of my optom.

if he wants to change it on his accord without seeking advice from the optom then that's his issue. pls dun quote what i said and accuse me of not listening.

warhunter

Reaction score
hey bro, i merely told him which solution i switched to because he asked. i was sharing my experience as i had the same "feelin" he had. i switched the brand of the solution with the advice of my optom.

if he wants to change it on his accord without seeking advice from the optom then that's his issue. pls dun quote what i said and accuse me of not listening.

Don't be too sensitive. I'm just saying what's right. Everyones' eyes are different. One optometrist can recommend brand A to person A but that may not work the same for person B. Therefore, I feel this forum should limit what should be discussed for the safety of everyone.

Reaction score
Don't be too sensitive. I'm just saying what's right. Everyones' eyes are different. One optometrist can recommend brand A to person A but that may not work the same for person B. Therefore, I feel this forum should limit what should be discussed for the safety of everyone.

okay alrite. no prob!

ziczach

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been using FOCUS Dailies for a few years.. now they've discontinued the cheapest 90pc pack for aqua-comfort lens which costs 22 dollars more for 6 packs (180 pcs).

Anyone knows if I can get it cheaper in JB?
Really disappointed with the contact lens companies..
Why are these lens getting more and more expensive?
maybe I should just go LASIK! haha!!

warhunter

Reaction score
contact lenses are medical devices. you cannot switch to another brand without first consulting ur optometrist. so what if its expensive, its supposed to be. do you prefer safety of wearing a lens that you do not know of its origins? if you don't have enough money. GET GLASSES. CHEAP,SAFE AND GOOD.

vbhelper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when ur eyes are of different degree,

then u bought 4 boxes @ $188.

So this mean 2 boxes for 1 eye which will last 2 mths?

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys wanna check, is there any dailies that are good for dry eyes??
my eyes dry bery fast

prease enlighten me...
rast time i use acuvue dailies

justine0859

Reaction score
toronto-contact-lenses.jpg

sputnikmoment

Reaction score
Is it normal for new user to have blurry vision for awhile? For my case, only the right eye is blurry. How long should it take to go away?

infinityabsurdities

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been using FOCUS Dailies for a few years.. now they've discontinued the cheapest 90pc pack for aqua-comfort lens which costs 22 dollars more for 6 packs (180 pcs).

Anyone knows if I can get it cheaper in JB?
Really disappointed with the contact lens companies..
Why are these lens getting more and more expensive?
maybe I should just go LASIK! haha!!

one suggestion for you: try optical 66 at chong pang. i bought my acuvue brand of contacts there and comparing prices with two other optical shops, i saved $18

Is it normal for new user to have blurry vision for awhile? For my case, only the right eye is blurry. How long should it take to go away?

hmm this is weird cos i din encounter such a problem last time when i was a new user... try blinking your eyes a few times, it may then clear your vision

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is it becoz of astig?
you must put at the correct angle rotation.

n0va_jason

Reaction score

if it's astig, the lens will be heavier on one end so after some blinking the lens will rotate itself into the correct position... so any angle rotation problem shouldn't be problem. Unless you have astig but your lens isn't made to counter it, then it's not a surprise why it's blur.

Give it a few days, if your vision is still blur, pay a visit down to your optician and explain your problem, I'm sure he / she will do another check. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.