The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious why pomade? You are going for the tightly slicked down look with some shine? Because waxes are infinitely better than pomades for the popular undercut style with lots of volume (I'm assuming thats your hairstyle since its like cockroaches everywhere :D) given how chinese/asian hair reacts in the Singapore climate.

Do share :)

I do find suavecito decent but its a pomade in name only. It behaves more like a thick goopy gel, which means it actually HARDENS my hair. Actually not a bad thing if you really want to stick your hair in place but i felt like I was wearing a plastic wig (i'm exaggerating but you get what I mean)
for normal everyday stylin I use wax, but for occasions where I need to look my best I use pomade because of its strong hold and good shine.

I had a crew cut a few weeks back, so I'm researching on what products to get so I'm ready to style my hair once it's long enough :s12:

This point alone is bad enough. Lets not talk about application wise since this might be considered secondary to some. Primarily, styling products are used to make you look good, well groomed. However one important point - it has to be washable, or at least reasonably washable. But IMO, gatsby does not fulfil this point at all. So consider this question. Are you able to accept a product which u cannot wash off easily at the end of the day?

Its like makeup. If you are unable to cleanse off easily when you got home and stains of makeup are left on your face, are you able to accept it? Though hair is not part of our skin, but once damaged over time, the ramifications are far worse off as effects are considerably hard to reverse.

Sharing my personal experience with Gatsby (both purple and grey moving rubber). I didnt start out knowing about hair products and like many, my first went to Gatsby. Not long after,, i began to realize that its hard to wash it off and my hair is never clean after shampoo ing, even so if its 2-3times consecutively. I was using heads and shoulders back then. Foolishly enough, i ignored it as i couldnt really do anything much about it. Changing shampoo didnt occur to me as to me, shampoo is just shampoo. Nope, no conditioner too. It was until my salon stylist said that my hair is dirty and i began to realize that there were a high amount of hair fall (hair strands) in my bedroom. Then i began to switch to other products and shampoo.

So if you are still thinking of using Gatsby for whatever reasons, please feel free. But please do yourself a favour - use a good shampoo to cleanse. Gatsby is like eyeliner which is hard to remove. That cannot be removed entirely by normal make up remover and has to be done by eyemakeup remover. To me, Gatsby failed as a product because it failed to help the general group of consumers utilise nett benefits, when using it recursively.

What wax you recommend for everyday styling?

Prefer medium and higher hold and decent shine. I don't like dirty/grunge look. :o

dj_flame

Reaction score
for normal everyday stylin I use wax, but for occasions where I need to look my best I use pomade because of its strong hold and good shine.

Prefer medium and higher hold and decent shine. I don't like dirty/grunge look. :o
Sliverfox or Syoss Ture would be a good bet. Both have great hold and medium shine.

For really good shine you might want to look into oil based pomades, or water based pomades with oily characteristics :)

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I had a crew cut a few weeks back, so I'm researching on what products to get so I'm ready to style my hair once it's long enough :s12:

use gel ;););)

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha some dog name.
Therefore woof Woof Woof hahaha

jus nice for woof woof!!!

if can, pls help to click the 'Like' button... if can donate, lagi best!!!

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/local-pet-shelter-700-animals-danger-being-evicted-every-like-received%3D%242-contribution-5045319.html

tumblr_m7wuadD3u21qgawlzo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.