The Official Xperia S thread

mfbatzap

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
5,768
Reaction score
51
yes boss! haha..

I'm very excited to get this phone. It's about time to discard my half-f**k milestone for this. hahaha..

Hope there are gd deals for the phone during the show too. Might want to jump from my 12 year old starhub line to sth better..
 

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
Nope. Unless you get from overseas.
Or you sleep with the SONY Singapore CEO. Hurhurhur.

Though if you have a friend who is a Sony staff but ain't interested in the phone, you might be able to convince him/her to sell you his/hers

Lol. Mright have pre order or something. Who knows? That's why hopefully. See what tricks they pulling off
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
But then, why pre-order when we can already get it next Thursday?

I aim not to do O.T. next thursday and go straight down to the I.T. Show. Lol.

Maybe becos pre-order always come first before actual sale? :D
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
wa today alot quad - core action leh. Why Sony never come out hahaha... Now Nokia Siao liao 41mp ... cfm take few photo 2GB memory card full liao :D
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
wa today alot quad - core action leh. Why Sony never come out hahaha... Now Nokia Siao liao 41mp ... cfm take few photo 2GB memory card full liao :D

Sony is never known to compete with the latest hardware. Its mostly focused on design, features & user experiences. We know dual-core phones are/may not be better than quad-core phones, but they are by no means slow or underpowered.

Quad-core phones are only used for bragging rights & benchmarks killers at the moment, some apps are not even optimized for dual-core phones yet.

Nokia new phone with super camera is stuck with symbian os, too bad no windows phone. :D
 
Last edited:

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Sony is never known to compete with the latest hardware. Its mostly focused on design, features & user experiences. We know dual-core phones are/may not be better than quad-core phones, but they are by no means slow or underpowered.

Quad-core phones are only used for bragging rights & benchmarks killers at the moment, some apps are not even optimized for dual-core phones yet.

Nokia new phone with super camera is stuck with symbian os, too bad no windows phone. :D
41mp like overkill lor. Sensor so small so large mp. Outdoor still can... Low like I think GG.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
As a smartphone owner, I would not want to carry around a phone with the back that looks like dedicated camera. I think it spoilt the smartphone image.

If I will go for the nokia 808, I might have already considered phones like this. :D

panasonic-lumix-phone-1.jpg
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
wa today alot quad - core action leh. Why Sony never come out hahaha... Now Nokia Siao liao 41mp ... cfm take few photo 2GB memory card full liao :D

They don't 'follow trends'... Lol.

Rachael - no multitouch nor was in Eclair or newer versions when the year was overpopulated with those.

Arc - Normal phone when the year was dominated by dual-cores.

Nozomi - 'nuff said.

Lol.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
They don't 'follow trends'... Lol.

Rachael - no multitouch nor was in Eclair or newer versions when the year was overpopulated with those.

Arc - Normal phone when the year was dominated by dual-cores.

Nozomi - 'nuff said.

Lol.

X10 do look like a testbed, Arc is an improvement & XS is back to the game. :D
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Sony is never known to compete with the latest hardware. Its mostly focused on design, features & user experiences. We know dual-core phones are/may not be better than quad-core phones, but they are by no means slow or underpowered.

Quad-core phones are only used for bragging rights & benchmarks killers at the moment, some apps are not even optimized for dual-core phones yet.

Nokia new phone with super camera is stuck with symbian os, too bad no windows phone. :D

Hmmhmm... Right now, methinks Dual is just right for the cellphones, as it is almost nice for tablets. with a smaller capacity, Dual should be nice. Maybe the enticing thing about Quards is the rumor that it can save more battery life?

Cos other than that, I can't think of a better reason to utilize Quards except for tablets, where we can use Adobe apps or other design apps on it.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
just need more ram that's all even single core is OK but ram is lacking
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
I haven't stepped back into HWZ for well over 5 years now IIRC

Anyways, quite a bit of exciting stuffs over at HWZ

Anymore Xperia S related videos you guys want me to make?
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
I haven't stepped back into HWZ for well over 5 years now IIRC

Anyways, quite a bit of exciting stuffs over at HWZ

Anymore Xperia S related videos you guys want me to make?

I just want you to sell me your Nozomi now!!!! Lol.

Since yours is a black one, think you can't satisfy our queries regarding to the nano coating and UV reacting stuff?

Can the Japanese keyboard change skin like Arc's?

I know the statistics are better, but wondering if you are able to comment the difference of the screen between Nozomi and an iPhone? If you've looked closely at one before (not trying to insinuate you're a mountain turtle cos ask just in case as I myself never stared at an iPhone screen much)

The Malaysian reviewer, Soyacincau, noted that the image preview is not 100% optimized. Is this true?

But really. If you are able to get 1 more set by end this week I'd like to buy from you +_+
 

AlphaAV

Master Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
4,946
Reaction score
0
As a smartphone owner, I would not want to carry around a phone with the back that looks like dedicated camera. I think it spoilt the smartphone image.

If I will go for the nokia 808, I might have already considered phones like this. :D

panasonic-lumix-phone-1.jpg
SE got tis? :p

Sony+Ericsson+S700i+Cyber-shot.jpg

But... It's Summer here.... =(

here ish oni monsoon n summer...

moi juz wondering they mean summer in teh northern or southern hemisphere...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top