The Official Xperia S thread

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
ya maybe I talk to the other guy haha also quite tall too hahha
so. u both full timer in sony mobile now ah after grad from states hahha

I'm just a temporary full timer, spending time helping people out after being burnt by my animation job in Indonesia, so am spending time educating those who know not to use the xperia phones, or Android in general, on the usage of the phones, what to do, what not to do and such :)

I used to frequent Wisma, especially during the weekends, but 2 Sundays ago, they removed all the phones from Sony Wisma, so I no longer go there

Pity, it was probably my fave hangout since I wasnt just limited to mobiles and can help out woth a wider range of stuffs :)
 
Last edited:

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Keeping track on Sony Mobile on Facebook... Hopefully I will see something I want to see :D:s12:
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
I should be back on track to get Xperia S.... haha

Internet murmur is pointing that Nokia 808 technology with WP8 is slated for 2013 release.... although, they might just plaster it to symbian as a last ditch effort to revive that OS.

I think by next year, we can see the war of the megapixel manipulation on mobile.... I'm anticipating Lytro light field camera tech :D

Is Nokia sensor good? o.o Anyway, Sony should go all out with their phone camera also. Use there G optics or Zeiss optics? With a good sensor?
 

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
I wonder how wil the xperia s's cases be like.. I bet it might look weird covering the back of the transparent bar..
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Btw how is this screen compared to those samsung screen?
Depends on what you're looking at

The blacks aren't as black, but it's pretty damned black for an LCD with more natural colour gamut transistions

Compared to AMOLED of any variations, the colours aren't blown out of proportion, yet still remains rich overall. Photographers and graphic artists alike will like the Xperia S' screen IMO

The viewing angles are fine, and the 'weak viewing angles' part is overplayed IMO. The viewing angle for the Xperia S is somewhat improved over the arc S, and is pretty much either on par or with the iPhone 4s when viewed from extreme angles

Face on, the screen is very pretty, but this is subjective

I'm leaving AMK Hub early tomorrow, called on as a trainer, so I guess it's got to be anything before 4pm
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Before his death, Steve Job talked to the Lytro people about their tech... I really hope they won't bow down to pressure and license it to iPhone only :(

Nokia have been pumping out good camera performance on a mobile phone... Sony seems to calibrate it more towards natural colour.

Btw, is the Exmor R sensor on the Xperia S the bigger version used in their cybershot camera line or the same as the Arc which is "mobile exmor R"?

The one in the arc/arc S/Pro/Neo/ray is 1/3.2"

The one in the Xperia S is 1/2.7" if I recall right, and yep, it's the Exmor R FM CMOS sensors
 

AlphaAV

Master Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
4,946
Reaction score
0
moi ish looking forward to seeing Xperia P "White Magic" screen
RGB + W wonder how it really looks
how it'll compare to Sharp's RGB + Y
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Sharp RGB+Y have been discussed in many display forum, locally and oversea that it really does nothing to improve the overall result. It's more towards marketing.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
For those who are wondering how is Xperia S screen compare against other display like samsung nexus Super Amoled display....

All i can say, it totally OWNED the super amoled display nexus is using. =)
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
but those siao on amoled will still say
why sony use outdated LCD hahhaa
but I support sony and most jp phone sticking to natural LCD led panel and not over hype amoled with fake colors

this is why I stick to Sony after I swap from iPhone ans bb
after I compare to samcrap over hype amoled

at least we got a alternative and not much buy samcrap hype
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
I'm also interested in xperia p too its uni body and white magic panel
but seem like it camera is not as Highend as x's right?
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
For those who are wondering how is Xperia S screen compare against other display like samsung nexus Super Amoled display....

All i can say, it totally OWNED the super amoled display nexus is using. =)

hah rag I though u on 4s and now go to the new nexus?

I find the new nexus screen not badliao
but I didn't compare it in detail close up
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Sharp RGB+Y have been discussed in many display forum, locally and oversea that it really does nothing to improve the overall result. It's more towards marketing.

Sharp RGB+Y might make more sense in bigger screen, say like TV. On small screens like phone its almost redundant. :D
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
but those siao on amoled will still say
why sony use outdated LCD hahhaa
but I support sony and most jp phone sticking to natural LCD led panel and not over hype amoled with fake colors

this is why I stick to Sony after I swap from iPhone ans bb
after I compare to samcrap over hype amoled

at least we got a alternative and not much buy samcrap hype

Forgive those ignorant people, they are just lured by the oversaturated colors of amoled screens.

Its funny how sony also advises users to avoid white colors for its oled screen, eats battery like running water. :D
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
hah rag I though u on 4s and now go to the new nexus?

I find the new nexus screen not badliao
but I didn't compare it in detail close up

I'm on 4S. =)
Next only considerable phone is Xperia S for me and nothing else.

Sharp RGB+Y might make more sense in bigger screen, say like TV. On small screens like phone its almost redundant. :D

Nope. It make no sense at all no matter what size it is. It's just marketing. =)
 
Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
but those siao on amoled will still say
why sony use outdated LCD hahhaa
but I support sony and most jp phone sticking to natural LCD led panel and not over hype amoled with fake colors

this is why I stick to Sony after I swap from iPhone ans bb
after I compare to samcrap over hype amoled

at least we got a alternative and not much buy samcrap hype

What amoled did is saturate the colour more. White isn't as white but u get massive green and blue and such improvment. Turn out, it isn't as balance anymore IMO.

It's 2 ways. Some people prefer Amoled. Some don't.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top