The Official Xperia S thread

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
no offense, but after view both the top video and the bottom video(without realising it was the latest nokia 41mp camera phone) i think the top one look nicer.
But i will still going to try out the xperia s, bcoz the design is just so nice.

The quality of the camera is a subjective topic, both cameras are considered at the top of the game in the current market.

It might just bother some fans that 808 is going nowhere with that dated os. :D
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Yah I know there is this shop in Suntec that deals with Japanese cells. but then their phones look like they are 2nd hand phones or something?

And well, if use alone also too lonely. think it doesn't support chinese text, and alot of functions cannot use in Singapore.

Xperias best lah~!!!

Hey Zeph~ I forgot to ask you a very important question~!!!

You see, I own a library of over 2000 songs, which are in wma format. I like it cos it is smaller in size than an mp3 with the same quality, and the fact that the tags will not mess Asian fonts up, ending up the title and artiste names become gibberish.

When I used Rachael, I had no issues with playing wma files via Mediascape. And when I changed to Arc, all those wma files could not be read.

Googled somewhere that claimed it is due to Gingerbread's restrictions, so I bought and installed PowerAMP. Worked perfectly (hence I guess it's narrowed down to the player, not the OS itself?)

Cos Honeycomb could play wma files. Just that well... the player is abit buggy in my opinion.

So my question is:

IS NOZOMI ABLE TO PLAY WMA FILES?

=(

It's gonna be a chore to convert all my files to mp3, and risking manually renaming the gibberish Asian texts and album arts etc =(

I like PowerAMP, but the new player looks swell too. So if the built in software is able to do what I expect it to, I wouldn't want so many multimedia player apps in my phone =/

Can you like try get a set of maybe 10 wmas in and see if they can be played?
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
The quality of the camera is a subjective topic, both cameras are considered at the top of the game in the current market.

It might just bother some fans that 808 is going nowhere with that dated os. :D

unless the person just want a epic cam phone butbdojt care of the dated os
hhhaha

so xperia take the cake hahha
nokia just outdated they should have use win7 os then a old s60 os
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Managed to procure a Galaxy Nexus for comparative purposes, will get to that later

I'll check on the Wma file compatibility once home, just got off work :)
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Think this is how it works

Anybody wanna try? :evil:

Though this is pencil, but leaving the white surface its original color with just a rub is quite impressive
 

littlehitsuji

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
0
according to him I asked him
he say only amk or parkway
maybe u ask if wisma got it
but bishan might have it

Haha except for wisma, all still kinda far leh. It's not a must for me to see the phone atm. I most prolly shld be getting it when my contract ends/ it comes out, whichever is later. Just want to have a feel. =:p
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Finally found a hero. Guess I am getting a white one after all~!!


But sadly, it can be stained by ants... =(
 
Last edited:

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
I wonder how long can the anti stain last? If I keep erasing, rubbing or cleaning it. Will it some sort of "wear and tear"
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
hmmm bro Zephyr if kept on bug u haha won't the shop staff unhappy without buying? haaha
later on thr where will u be? hahha

your ics on arc s really tempted me hhahah
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
ahah bro rag
oh ya bro zepy do u know if our back cover is stain badly or scatched bad
can we ask for a replacement?
dont mind pay for it f possible if can change for a new cover black or white color

if can change with a fees i might opt for WHIte Xperia S!! ahahha
:eek:=:p:s8:
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Have another nightshot video!
Xperia S - Another Nightshot Test - YouTube

I'm not surprised that ants can stain it really, especially when all their body chemicals are excreted when the are squished

Dennis, getting back atcha, I'm afraid that the music player does not natively support wma files. Will recommend that you continue using PowerAMP instead (like me)

Don't transcode as that is detrimental for sound quality

As for cover replace,ments, I don't think so, as the folks from the shops have to, one way or another, try to get some money in. Like the present batch of phones, I doubt the stores will carry any of the spare covers, and if they did, they won't replace it for free, as the only things that do get replaced for free are manufacturer defects under the warranty claims, not user caused errors.

Perhaps the best thingto do would be to look towards eBay. I'm getting a burgundy cover for my black XS when I get the chance :)

As for apending time talking with me, yeah, the shop people would get unhappy for sure, but if I'm not doing anything wrong, theres nothing they can pkenalize me over right? :)

Just gotta watch the incoming crowd levels, that's all

Anyways, I'll be stationed at AMK Hub post 12pm, some retailer training to do later on. Catch me anytime, or even during my lunch break at 4pm - 5pm :)

Now uploading a Galaxy Nexus Vs XS Vs RAZR video
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top