The Official Xperia S thread

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
At this time, you need to unlock the bootloader before you can root the phone. And unlocking the bootloader will void warranty. So my advice is to wait until root is achievable for locked bootloaders.

do you mind explaining what does bootloaders means?
 

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
Took me really long to play around with the launcher and customizing..

Ate up some of the batteries :(
 

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,170
Reaction score
1,239
i dont mean this badly or rudely but if you dont know what it is u shouldnt be messing with it :D


Agreed.


Anyway, the battery seems to improved a lot after 4th-5th charge. I still have about 40% after unplug this morning at 8.30am. Same usage pattern.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,326
Reaction score
3,863
Woah, I have no idea what Sony did, but the Xperia S sounds pretty damn good with earphones. You guys should get a decent pair of IEM to make your music shine.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,950
Reaction score
13,694
Woah, I have no idea what Sony did, but the Xperia S sounds pretty damn good with earphones. You guys should get a decent pair of IEM to make your music shine.
vulpix didi also bai one? ya the sound is really good, sony no horse run one. :D
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
do you mind explaining what does bootloaders means?

Like the others said, best that you don't mess with the bootloader if you don't even know what it is. In any case, you can Google to find out what an Android bootloader is.
 

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
5,029
Reaction score
0
At this time, you need to unlock the bootloader before you can root the phone. And unlocking the bootloader will void warranty. So my advice is to wait until root is achievable for locked bootloaders.

Hopefully soon
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
My own battery life has tremendously improved after owning the phone for about 3+ weeks now, moderate usage after 11+ hours, 65% left, screen on at 50% brightness for Video demoes, FB, Twitter, some Quick Launch demoes, a few photoes and minor websurfing

I remember the time when the phone struggled to get up to 12 hours without first dying... But it seems that my own XS is spoiling me or something o3o

- EDIT: Obsolete images -
 
Last edited:

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
My own battery life has tremendously improved after owning the phone for about 3+ weeks now, moderate usage after 11+ hours, 65% left, screen on at 50% brightness for Video demoes, FB, Twitter, some Quick Launch demoes, a few photoes and minor websurfing

Thats a good thing. 3 weeks + is about 20+ days, I guess you have charged around 15 times or more for the battery to season?
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Thats a good thing. 3 weeks + is about 20+ days, I guess you have charged around 15 times or more for the battery to season?

Yep

Anyway, updating to 4 screenshots with better battery breakdown all taken at 1:03am soon
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Yep

Anyway, updating to 4 screenshots with better battery breakdown all taken at 1:03am soon

I see. I havent even reach my 10 charge yet. I think I should use more then to season my battery first. :D
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Battery Life update

11+ Hours, 63% left, mostly connected on WiFi, screen on for >1 hour, average brightness = 50%, Background Data enabled, Autosync disabled

Phone was attached to low power sub-notebook USB port for the purpose of demonstrating how to drag and drop from the phone to a Windows based PC via Drag and Drop

Phone was mainly used to demo to clients on how to operate the Contacts List, Quick Camera launch, HDMI streaming, quality of video recording in different lighting conditions, speaker loudness, and a bit of personal twitter and facebook plus some very minimal websurfing with Opera Mobile

Phone has not been rooted, not yet willing to unlock bootloader for this one yet, not till I get to field test the P

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have Go Switch Widget right on my frontpage/homescreen to toggle Data traffic, so I turn Data Traffic 'Off' whenever I put the phone to 'sleep'.

screenshot2012031701033.png


screenshot2012031701031.png


screenshot2012031701032.png


screenshot201203170103.png
 
Last edited:

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Zeph_ng, when is ICS for XS coming out?

I cannot quote an exact date, but those in SG can expect it to roll out before the end of Q2

The 2011 line of Xperia phones will be the ones getting the ICS rollout first

Please look forward to it, as ICS will bring an incremental performance improvement, especially to the graphics core

I benched my Xperia arc S against the Dual Cores here, and it didn't fare too badly save in Quadrant (only the Xperia S scored more than 2x as much, but not the others)

Comparison - RAZR + Xperia S + Sensation XE + arc S - YouTube
 

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
Anyway, got any idea how let widgetlocker to work with pattern unlock? Cos I've need to "unlock" twice.
 

Zeph_ng

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Sorry if any of you hate lizards, but here's a little visitor I had when i was having lunch

Tested out the XS' macro camera on a moving target

Think me weird, but I think geckoes are adorable <3

Saw this little guy in extremely close proximity to me as I was having my lunch
littlevisitor01.jpg


It took notice of me here after I was done with my lunch
littlevisitor02.jpg


Actually came down the parapet wall and APPROACHED the camera instead! I had to back off because it actually got too close for the macro mode to focus on
littlevisitor03.jpg
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Sorry if any of you hate lizards, but here's a little visitor I had when i was having lunch

Tested out the XS' macro camera on a moving target

Think me weird, but I think geckoes are adorable <3

Saw this little guy in extremely close proximity to me as I was having my lunch
littlevisitor01.jpg


It took notice of me here after I was done with my lunch
littlevisitor02.jpg


Actually came down the parapet wall and APPROACHED the camera instead! I had to back off because it actually got too close for the macro mode to focus on
littlevisitor03.jpg

i esp love the last shot
it show the power of Xs cam
nice bokah effect

as tested by zep
xs cam is more tigher so its more easly to get the bokah effect over arc s is more for landscape
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top