The Perfume Thread

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
I have chanced across dark fragrances from people in my office sometimes although not oud type, they smell quite nice to me actually haha, but not sure if other people share the same sentiments. Or maybe because there is aircon in the office so it isn't that bad. Isn't wearing at home kinda a waste?
Really depends on your perception doesn't it? Complex fragrances are intellectually challenging but not universally liked. We live in a society and need to fit in. The last thing I wanna be is be known as "the perfume guy".

So since some fragrances are are potentially offensive, I enjoy them in private. Not waste at all. In fact, I find it liberating.

johnnytann

Reaction score
Really depends on your perception doesn't it? Complex fragrances are intellectually challenging but not universally liked. We live in a society and need to fit in. The last thing I wanna be is be known as "the perfume guy".

So since some fragrances are are potentially offensive, I enjoy them in private. Not waste at all. In fact, I find it liberating.
Well said and unfortunately very true. Sucks that we live in a society where before we like something, we need to consider if the society likes it first. But then on the other hand, it also makes sense.

But for home use why not get aroma diffusers, isn't that more cost effective haha

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Well said and unfortunately very true. Sucks that we live in a society where before we like something, we need to consider if the society likes it first. But then on the other hand, it also makes sense.

But for home use why not get aroma diffusers, isn't that more cost effective haha
It's a different genre. Perfumes are far more complex and for personal enjoyment. Aroma diffusers (I use Lampe Berger) are more the environment.

Play with both!

dyst_9

Reaction score
Just blind purchased armaf ventana. Smell really great! Can’t say for sure it smell like sausage, but I like it!

2nd armaf in 2 weeks. :ROFLMAO:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just blind purchased armaf ventana. Smell really great! Can’t say for sure it smell like sausage, but I like it!

2nd armaf in 2 weeks. :ROFLMAO:

Have both the Sauvage and Ventana. I feel Ventana's opening and dry down has the Sauvage vibes but overall Ventana is missing the very distinct pepper and ambroxan notes of the Sauvage. Ventana, like most of the other armafs, has terrible longevity though. Can barely eke out 3 hours on my skin.

On the other hand, i managed to snag a good deal online for the Armaf Sillage. Even cheaper than mustafa price. Boy....i get why all the hype and plaudits the Sillage is garnering and why some are even saying its better than the original Creed SMW. Sillage's performance and longevity is even pretty decent to boot. I think the Sillage is a very safe blind buy for the price as there is nothing offensive with the smell (and the price:LOL:).

dyst_9

Reaction score
oops! silly auto correct.

ventana seems to perform quite ok in terms of longevity for me. I been contemplating sillage previously and it looks like I just been poisoned again :ROFLMAO:

Rong626

Reaction score
I bought Polo Blue EDP from fragrancex a few months back and from my first whiff, it never smelled right. Today, I learned that you can check the batch codes. From the website, it stated 2017-03. Is mine expired?

Also, looking to get dior sauvage. Had a smell of it recently and really liked it. Any place to get it at a good price?

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to get the following in order.

1. PDM Layton

2. Chanel Sycomore

3. Nishane Ani or FM Musk Ravaguer ( haven't decide )

4. YSL Y EDP

5. YSL L'homme De Nuit

Ole Gunner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Penhaligon for men good? :o
i use their deodorants last time, when studying in UK. i heard their perfumes generally quite good, but you have to be more specific on which one. also dunno how it performs in singapore's weather :o

Hungry kid

Reaction score
i own LORD GEORGE and RADCLIFF..

overall not bad, occasionally receive compliment but the longevity is not good.
Yup, Lord George is good. I think Endymion is not bad too but does not last that long. Another one which goes well with office i guess would be Sartorial. Miss those time where they had their yearly sales... have not seen them going on sales last year.

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Penhaligon for men good? :o

Very high quality stuff.
Can tell the difference.

Yup, Lord George is good. I think Endymion is not bad too but does not last that long. Another one which goes well with office i guess would be Sartorial. Miss those time where they had their yearly sales... have not seen them going on sales last year.

They sometime have a mini sale depending on the outlet.
Can try calling their outlet if there are any discount on the perfume you wanted.

Hungry kid

Reaction score
Very high quality stuff.
Can tell the difference.

They sometime have a mini sale depending on the outlet.
Can try calling their outlet if there are any discount on the perfume you wanted.
Thanks for the info. Will try my luck. Miss the time when they have those unboxed specials...

fightin

Reaction score
Recently got this brand 'Maison Margiela REPLICA' by the fireplace. Love the smell very on the dot description.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.