The Razer Huntsman's Switch "Reset" Time + Keychattering

lordgenome

Junior Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I am considering getting a Razer Huntsman for the new optomechanical purple switches to play Tetris with.

From what I know, it is light, has low travel distance, fast actuation, clicky, tactile, and free from wobbles. Its heavier keys, like space and shift also seem to use superior stabilisers compared to Cherry, which does not make it mushy.

I also heard that it solves the problem of 'hysteresis', where now, the actuation point is the same as the reset point.

However, when I went to a store to test it out just now, I found out that in order for the key to click again after pressing down, you have to lift your fingers up to the point of clicking, before you can push down again.

The sample was not connected to a computer, so I cannot test it by seeing if I can 'wiggle' the key switch, such that my continued double or triple tappings are below the 'clicky/tactile' point, to see if the key can continue registering presses, just like on my Cherry MX speed switches.

As such, I am worried about double-taps, which are needed for Tetris.

Therefore, I have 2 questions:

1) May I know from people who have used this keyboard, if the key presses still continue to register just by 'wiggling' below the 'clicky/tactile' point, as said above?

2) Also, another question: my K65 Corsair Rapidfire suffers from keychattering from a few keys (keys registering twice when pressed once. Does the Razer Huntsman have any keychattering issues?

Thanks!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top