The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

ashcrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and guys.. can recommend good basic lens for 1.67..800 degree?

is crizal really that good for the premium price? or is it just marketing? should i just go for basic lens $160 for that degree? crizal ard x2 the price.

or any other good lens to recommend?

ashcrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys. is hoya lenses ok? the basic ones. think they are called single vision or something . :o

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Think hoya or zeiss will be good. Visit Especially the recent forumners 30% off shop. It’s really very good price.

is crizal really that good for the premium price? or is it just marketing? should i just go for basic lens $160 for that degree? crizal ard x2 the price.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I think hoya SV, zeiss normal stock lens and all will be fine!

Reaction score
Hello guys, rather new to all the spectacles stuff and I'm wondering if it's worth to get anti-fatigue lenses? I'm facing monitor screen most of the time be it at work or at home.

If so, how much do they roughly go for?

Cheers~

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you have any rough idea on what your prescription is like?

Hello guys, rather new to all the spectacles stuff and I'm wondering if it's worth to get anti-fatigue lenses? I'm facing monitor screen most of the time be it at work or at home.

If so, how much do they roughly go for?

Cheers~

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. Would like to seek advise which progressive lens has a wider view, offer sharper image and at night time good/safe for driving? i.e the lights from other vehicles don't turn into a big blob. TIA.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah I see! Then yeah probably a 1.5 index antifatigue will do the job. A figure to look at RRP is about 230... thus most places will give you a discount to it

I do not have any degree if I remember correctly. Got it last checked maybe 6 months ago? I do however get "tired eyes" pretty often, feels like my eye muscle is over working

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Likely due to astig which causes that usually.. do you have a budget?

Hi. Would like to seek advise which progressive lens has a wider view, offer sharper image and at night time good/safe for driving? i.e the lights from other vehicles don't turn into a big blob. TIA.

ashcrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think hoya or zeiss will be good. Visit Especially the recent forumners 30% off shop. It’s really very good price.

i did an impulse buy earlier actually :( i got the option of going for normal hoya + frame = $380. in the end i went for crizal eyezen + frame = $ 530 :sad:

eyezen..worth it? really reduce fatigue? now eyes always feeling tired on my normal owndays lens. or maybe i overthink? lol.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Lower part of the lenses has its power reduced thus effectively being more comfortable especially if you look at near objects. I think it will be good for you! Getting used to anti fatigue lenses will help you in future if you use progressives due to similarities of the way to roll your eyes down to read.

i did an impulse buy earlier actually :( i got the option of going for normal hoya + frame = $380. in the end i went for crizal eyezen + frame = $ 530 :sad:

eyezen..worth it? really reduce fatigue? now eyes always feeling tired on my normal owndays lens. or maybe i overthink? lol.

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
Likely due to astig which causes that usually.. do you have a budget?

Actually I would like to know what is available. The budget question has not come to mind. I am already on progressive but feel that its not wide enough. Could you share what is available in the market which offers those traits I mentioned earlier? Thanks.

ashcrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lower part of the lenses has its power reduced thus effectively being more comfortable especially if you look at near objects. I think it will be good for you! Getting used to anti fatigue lenses will help you in future if you use progressives due to similarities of the way to roll your eyes down to read.

ok. heart pain $320 for the lenses. hope it serves me well. :o thanks again!!!!!!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah I see! Ok, if you prefer wider view I would recommend hoya mystyle profile/V+ either 1,
Essilor Xtrack, or zeiss superb or individual 2.

You would realise that all these are the more common Brand’s in the market and honestly that are Brand’s that cost lesser and some might claim it works better. But ultimately it’s all for the consumer and how they feel. Some will feel the slightly cheaper lenses are better while others would prefer those Brand’s that I mentioned.

Listen to your practitioner recommendation and if you are comfortable, then go for it. Cheers!

P.s these lenses cost minimally 700+++ but based on my fitting experiences, they work well.

Actually I would like to know what is available. The budget question has not come to mind. I am already on progressive but feel that its not wide enough. Could you share what is available in the market which offers those traits I mentioned earlier? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.