The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Noir

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I've decided on a new pair of Mystyle Profile lenses. My first experience with a pair of progressives 3 years ago was not great,gave up on them in a month, and went back to single vision.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s great! MSP is a really good lens. You will probably adapt to it in no time!

Thanks to this thread, I've decided on a new pair of Mystyle Profile lenses. My first experience with a pair of progressives 3 years ago was not great,gave up on them in a month, and went back to single vision.

yuelei

Reaction score
I read that Paris Miki is having Hoya lens sale that free upgrade from Sync III to Sync III pro. How is this lens?

For computer intense users, which is better overall among Hoya Sync, Zeiss Digital/Lifestyle, and Essilor Eyezen?

Thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not just Paris miki. It’s supposedly islandwide.
Computerintense you should use zeiss office lens or Hoya workstyle instead of sync 3, digital, eyezen which are antifatigue.

I read that Paris Miki is having Hoya lens sale that free upgrade from Sync III to Sync III pro. How is this lens?

For computer intense users, which is better overall among Hoya Sync, Zeiss Digital/Lifestyle, and Essilor Eyezen?

Thanks!

yuelei

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I used to think that antifatigue lens is office lens since both of them try to reduce eye strains while working. So in my case (30 year old), will there be significant difference between office lens and antifatigue lens in terms visual comfort?

Not just Paris miki. It’s supposedly islandwide.
Computerintense you should use zeiss office lens or Hoya workstyle instead of sync 3, digital, eyezen which are antifatigue.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for a spec that are durable?

how much will i need to spend?

thanks

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I thought you are presbyopic already hahha. Then if that’s the case, antifatigue is what you need rather than office lens. You need the blue light filter lenses coupled with the power reduction so it be more comfortable.

Thanks for your reply.

I used to think that antifatigue lens is office lens since both of them try to reduce eye strains while working. So in my case (30 year old), will there be significant difference between office lens and antifatigue lens in terms visual comfort?

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always feel the Lindberg rim series is ultra durable. It cost 800 though haha..

What’s your budget like?

Around $500. is it possible?

BTW the Lindberg rim series, can last how many years?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine gg strong for 4 years, but I rotate my pair around... I believe 500 is can find. You can consider yellows plus. Good frame!

Around $500. is it possible?

BTW the Lindberg rim series, can last how many years?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some updates here. Good news, Hoya highest tier Mystyle v+ has a new price revision. Previously 1.5 would cost 1500, now it’s going at 980. I believe there was a review here by a user too.

For those intending to change, can take note of this new info.

Edit: I checked, there is no changes to to lenses material, clarity and design. Price lowered to be more competitive. Also if you purchase it, your second pair if you make office lens will be 50% off on top of lens price. So can use old frame to do it.

Boss, is this hoya price revision permanent or just promotional period?

For 1.67 RX what is the original and revised price?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe your version of branded is Prada,Gucci,Chanel , Dior?( if yes then I agree)

I hope not all of us here will get the impression that branded frames are from China and thus getting ridiculously marked up.

My branded optical frames all made in japan ones i bought and wear for several years liao still good, got one pair only lose a bit color of the wordings on the inside of the frame temples only. Shape retention is superb. Im guessing can last at least 10yrs or even longer. This lifetime i might not need to buy any new frame again also might be sufficient liao. I have few pairs to rotate.

Last edited:

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My branded optical frames all made in japan ones i bought and wear for several years liao still good, got one pair only lose a bit color of the wordings on the inside of the frame temples only. Shape retention is superb. Im guessing can last at least 10yrs or even longer. This lifetime i might not need to buy any new frame again also might be sufficient liao. I have few pairs to rotate.

what brand and model is that?

simonsoul

Reaction score
Abbe Value and Chromatic aberration

I am a great fan of glass lens but my recent breakage has lead me again into the less vulnerable alternatives.

Hoya / essilor / Nikon / Sekio don't seem to publish they abbe value in the products. I can't properly compare them as which lens is closer to my preference.

can any guru here enlighten me here? I am looking for a high abbe of at least 45.

many thanks.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is your prescription very high?

Most plastic lenses abbe value will be about the same. However the lower the index, the higher the abbe value will be. 1.55/1.56 will have the higher abbevalue for plastic lenses.

Their abbe value will be around the same( some might be slightly higher),for all the Brand’s.

I am a great fan of glass lens but my recent breakage has lead me again into the less vulnerable alternatives.

Hoya / essilor / Nikon / Sekio don't seem to publish they abbe value in the products. I can't properly compare them as which lens is closer to my preference.

can any guru here enlighten me here? I am looking for a high abbe of at least 45.

many thanks.

mambofever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Gangsterkia, good insights throughout the entire thread. I was checking out the lindberg range of specs and it seems like the frames cost $600-800+ and with lenses, around $900-1000.

I have never splashed out more than $500 on a pair of specs. Is the premium really worth it?

nethdale

Reaction score
While waiting for Gangsterkia to give you his view. As an Lindberg user, I can say it is worthwhile. For my first pair with progressive lens, it was really a push and pull factor. That said, I did not turn back. Now I am wonder which brand can switch to. Haa.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Yes I honestly believe it’s really worth every penny you spend. The comfort , quality and aesthetics makes every single cent worth.

My first pair of Lindberg I immediately went for the buffalo horn(you don’t have to do the same), but up til now about 4-5 years, it is still going strong, only thing to service is just changing nosepads(foc for Lindberg servicing), and polishing the horn material. I dropped quite afew times, bathed, do my sports with it and no issue still. I actually have 4 pairs haha.. so like nethdale mentioned, it’s not easy to find another frame once you use it due to the frame fit..

Lindberg has different series, but I highly recommend the N.O.W or Acetanium series. Rim is also a nice option, though I feel it doesn’t look as professional as compared to the other series.

For myself, I have a horn, N.O.W, Rim and Acetanium.

Hey Gangsterkia, good insights throughout the entire thread. I was checking out the lindberg range of specs and it seems like the frames cost $600-800+ and with lenses, around $900-1000.

I have never splashed out more than $500 on a pair of specs. Is the premium really worth it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.