The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even as default, mystyle profile is still very remarkable. Really if you can invest, go for it, it will give you much better and comfortable vision for the next 2-3 years. And of course just go to a trusted shop to prescribe your glasses. If not, I can always recommend you a place to visit.

And please don’t use balansis, it’s neither here nor there, pay abit more get lifestyle v+. It’s really better.

Oh. I know lifestyle bal 1.67 abt $1k. Top up how much more can i get mystyle profile now?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just need to replace my plastic lens for my spectacles as full of scratches. Used to go JB for cheap eyewear but now cannot.

Unfortunately mine is high myopia each eye(about 1000 degrees and 200 astig).

Anyone got lobang?

Go q10 search for eyecon;)

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh now with mask wearing rules

really die die cannot take off mask to see how the spectacles fit your face ah?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha I can’t do that anymore... I will just let you know here. For 1.67 index yes?

Yes. I think 1.74 too expensive. And also the laws of diminishing effects. My (-) about -7.50 astig 3.00

I can barely afford lifestyle bal. If need top too much maybe i need to consider other brands like essilor liao.

yuelei

Reaction score
I am very interested in trying the Hoya sensity shine lens, and I heard that Hoya is running promotion for free upgrade from sensity to sensity shine. Wondering if this type of promotion is happening annually?

I am asking because I found that Hoya has launched sensity gen 2 lens last year, so I am not in a hurry to purchase the lens if they are going to phase out. Thanks in advance.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imo all brands should have standardised name and terms for their lens...

Marketing tactics, boss. All trying to gain market share. Come out with so many different type of lens design and wrap them so nicely to entice unknowing customers like me who cant differentiate all the different lens that different brands are offering.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Marketing tactics, boss. All trying to gain market share. Come out with so many different type of lens design and wrap them so nicely to entice unknowing customers like me who cant differentiate all the different lens that different brands are offering.

Not true la... I believe those that tried the better/more ex lenses will feel the difference than the cheaper basic ones.

Seems like it's really hard to persuade/convince you that not all of us are trying to ''ketou'' you. If you really want to save, then just get a kodak or OEM lens that will cost you maybe 500-700. Impossible to have best of everything, if you want even cheaper, go owndays/lenskart/zoff. They might have more basic/cheaper lens. Then your savings can go into products that you might deem more wuhua like watches or smth else.

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, need recommendation for good places to make lens only, have my own frames.

Currently using the hoya dynamic summit progressive with blue coat, paid $300+ for them last time. Was this a reasonable price? Not sure which brand to consider now, but i don't need blue coat anymore, see things a little yellowish and read everywhere that it is next to useless. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Not true la... I believe those that tried the better/more ex lenses will feel the difference than the cheaper basic ones.

Seems like it's really hard to persuade/convince you that not all of us are trying to ''ketou'' you. If you really want to save, then just get a kodak or OEM lens that will cost you maybe 500-700. Impossible to have best of everything, if you want even cheaper, go owndays/lenskart/zoff. They might have more basic/cheaper lens. Then your savings can go into products that you might deem more wuhua like watches or smth else.
For me I think should at least standardise the product names
Eg. transition lens (crizal?) should be photochromic for all brands..

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey,
You bought from malaysia?
Seems to be too cheap already. You should probably go back to the same place to make it. Since you do not need blue control, you can get it even cheaper from the same shop you go to.

Hi, need recommendation for good places to make lens only, have my own frames.

Currently using the hoya dynamic summit progressive with blue coat, paid $300+ for them last time. Was this a reasonable price? Not sure which brand to consider now, but i don't need blue coat anymore, see things a little yellowish and read everywhere that it is next to useless. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Photochromic is the standard for all brand, transition is a name trademark and bought over by Essilor. Zeiss is photo fusion, Hoya is sensity.

For me I think should at least standardise the product names
Eg. transition lens (crizal?) should be photochromic for all brands..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.