The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

htancl

Reaction score
Hi Gansterkia, 1st time getting a specs due to Presbyopia but also hope to get a progressive lens to use for normal vision. No shortsighted.

What's brand lens do you recommend for mid-tier and high tier and what price range should I expect.

Not sure what type of frame but leading more toward Oakley maybe.

Thanks.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey good afternoon,

If there is no shortsighted, probably 1.5 index lenses will do fine(basic thickness).

Mid tier: price range 560-670(before less)
Hoya lifestyle v+
Essilor physio 3.0

Higher tier:720-800(before less)
Hoya mystyle profile
Essilor X design

I would say if you want a more comfortable vision throughout, consider the higher tier. It cost more but it gives you ease throughout the day.

Hi Gansterkia, 1st time getting a specs due to Presbyopia but also hope to get a progressive lens to use for normal vision. No shortsighted.

What's brand lens do you recommend for mid-tier and high tier and what price range should I expect.

Not sure what type of frame but leading more toward Oakley maybe.

Thanks.

memberregis

Reaction score
1) Can I get a price check on 1.67 Asahi UV3G?

2) What do you think about Zoff's polarized lenses? They are apparently from VivoOptics (www dot vivooptics dot com)

Thanks!

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIgyk73l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT

Tengaboys

Reaction score
Hihi.... Need to get a progressive Spectacle. Am staying at bukit panjang. Pls advice a shop with reasonable price. I think owndays may charge over 200. So far I am wearing 550/600 astig

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Most progressive for the lenses will cost you minimally over 300 for the average ones. Anything below that honestly it’s a hit or miss. Some individuals can work with those whereas others(majority from my experience) don’t fancy them.
Reason due to the quality,clarity,distortion at the side of the lenses. My advice is to invest in a 400-500 above lens and likely you will got with a 1.6 index lens will will cost 600?
You can consider mr eyewear at West Mall.

Hihi.... Need to get a progressive Spectacle. Am staying at bukit panjang. Pls advice a shop with reasonable price. I think owndays may charge over 200. So far I am wearing 550/600 astig

Psw1929

Reaction score
Hi! My first time posting here but I’ve been following this thread for a while. Time for me to get new progressives cos I’m still using my old Varilux S series and Hoya ID lenses. Can no longer read with my glasses on at near distances. Haha. Gangsterkia, can you pm me your shop details?

dontwastetime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi due to my lifestyle I need recommendation of spec frames that can withstand daily washing ? currently using plastic screw less frame which is about to break.. used for 3 yrs

Also any lobang of replacing frame but not the lenses ? Haha probably not..

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey there!
Why not? As Long as there is business to make, most shops would surely accept your frame!
Do take note that it’s your own frame and if it’s Been awhile, sometimes there’s a chance the frame may break which inserting/removing the lenses.(chances are Low but still have to let you know).

Daily washing maybe plastic kind? Or those without screws e.g. Markus t, Lindberg, ic Berlin. These kinda style(cost is about 500 onwards).

Hi due to my lifestyle I need recommendation of spec frames that can withstand daily washing ? currently using plastic screw less frame which is about to break.. used for 3 yrs

Also any lobang of replacing frame but not the lenses ? Haha probably not..

dontwastetime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daily washing maybe plastic kind? Or those without screws e.g. Markus t, Lindberg, ic Berlin. These kinda style(cost is about 500 onwards).

Yah.. jiat lat.. I dunno if i wanna wear the specs for 10 yrs plus to justify the cost though...

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Alamak!!
Also yes it’s possible but tough part is finding a frame that can fit your lenses. Highly likely have to size down your lenses, and that might affect your focal point too. If high power maybe not recommended...

I suggest remake a new pair.

Maybe u read too fast ?.. I was saying replace the frame.. my lenses ok..

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Alamak!!
Also yes it’s possible but tough part is finding a frame that can fit your lenses. Highly likely have to size down your lenses, and that might affect your focal point too. If high power maybe not recommended...

I suggest remake a new pair.

This. most important factor.
Don't just save money and ruin ur vision. :o

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hey there!
Why not? As Long as there is business to make, most shops would surely accept your frame!
Do take note that it’s your own frame and if it’s Been awhile, sometimes there’s a chance the frame may break which inserting/removing the lenses.(chances are Low but still have to let you know).

Actually thats my main worry.
I have 2 specs lenses to make...and the frames r kinda ex.
• Moscot &
• Oliver Peoples.

i'm doing progressive lenses. so might cost me over $2k for high index 1.7
for 2 frames.

Not sure those neighbourhood optical shops will handle with care. :eek:

:( :o :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.